New Leak suggests Galaxy Note 9 to have Ginormous 4000 mAh battery

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Samsung is set to unveil the next entry in its long-running Galaxy Note family in early August. We have a good general idea of what kind of hardware will be included on the flagship smartphone, but a fresh leak claims that at least one spec will far surpass its predecessor.
Gadget leaker Ice Universe reports that the Galaxy Note 9 will come packing a massive 4,000 mAh battery inside its spacious chassis. For comparison, the current-generation Galaxy Note 8 "only” has a 3,300 mAh battery. This should result in a pretty significant uptick in battery life given the power efficiency of the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor with its more refined 10nm manufacturing process compared to the Snapdragon 835 used in the Galaxy Note 8.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
We need bigger battery and not slimmer phone and phablet phone. 3000 mAH battery is barely enough for everyday use.
You could have a 5000 mAh battery and still not have a days run.

Newer SoC's and Android versions have improved Battery and Power management, but batteries will still degrade over time (ie. years and charging habit). Also it varies how people use their devices, such as, phone usage/purpose, apps installed, background activity, screen brightness, running Bluetooth, 4G and Wifi etc. Another factor are poorly developed or Unstable (beta) apps.

While in some cases, it's unavoidable, the user can reduce battery usage to a certain extent. More tips can be found online.

Phone manufacturers have modes to increase battery life by lowering brightness, screen resolution or disabling sensors at scheduled times.

Apple iPhone have a Low Power mode, accessible directly from Control Center:
Use Low Power Mode to save battery life on your iPhone

As an Xperia owner, I can use Stamina mode:
Xperia XZ2 Battery Life & Processor– Official Website - Sony Mobile (Global UK English)

I can get over a days usage, with moderate use (including some mobile gaming) on the new Xperia, that I cannot achieve on my older Xperia tablet - even though it had the bigger battery.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
You could have a 5000 mAh battery and still not have a days run.

Newer SoC's and Android versions have improved Battery and Power management, but batteries will still degrade over time (ie. years and charging habit). Also it varies how people use their devices, such as, phone usage/purpose, apps installed, background activity, screen brightness, running Bluetooth, 4G and Wifi etc. Another factor are poorly developed or Unstable (beta) apps.

While in some cases, it's unavoidable, the user can reduce battery usage to a certain extent. More tips can be found online.

Phone manufacturers have modes to increase battery life by lowering brightness, screen resolution or disabling sensors at scheduled times.

Apple iPhone have a Low Power mode, accessible directly from Control Center:
Use Low Power Mode to save battery life on your iPhone

As an Xperia owner, I can use Stamina mode:
Xperia XZ2 Battery Life & Processor– Official Website - Sony Mobile (Global UK English)

I can get over a days usage, with moderate use (including some mobile gaming) on the new Xperia, that I cannot achieve on my older Xperia tablet - even though it had the bigger battery.

LG G7 with 3,000 mAh battery doesn't last long at all. It will die half of the day. My Galaxy S7 is less than a year old, and the battery has gone from 4 hours max to 3 hours screen on time. 3,000 mAh is barely enough for any high end smartphone these days. I should have gone with Huawei Mate 9 instead of Galaxy S7. My Galaxy S7 comes with a lot of bloatware. One of the bloatware that suck up a lot of battery is the VR app. It will run in the background even the user haven't touch it at all. I have to purchase some app disabler on Playstore to disable tons of bloatware.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.