New MyEmsisoft web portal replaces License Center

• Thread starter Deleted member 178
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
After being in service for more than a decade, it’s now time for our old Emsisoft License Center to retire. Its successor carries the name MyEmsisoft and is available – who would have guessed – at https://my.emsisoft.com. New web development standards required us to re-develop the portal from scratch and will also ensure that it’s future proof for many exciting things to come.

For now, the functionality of MyEmsisoft is quite manageable. After logging in with your existing Emsisoft user account credentials, you’ll see the following available panels:

Read more here

F

ForgottenSeer 55474

Thread author
Hello, Umbra is Emsisoft Anti Malware better than Malwarebytes, if you should be completely honest, I would like to know because my Malwarebytes subscription is all most done, my AV is Bitdefender Total Security, would Emsisoft be a better solution in my situation.

Dhruv2193

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 7, 2016
I am using emsisoft and it is better than malwarebytes in the sense it catches all malware including traditional and zero hour. Malwarebytes is more of a good supplementary protection software whereas emsisoft is a complete malware protection software. One more thing i like about emsisoft is that usually or 100% of the cases, the removal is not dependent on restart.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Hello, Umbra is Emsisoft Anti Malware better than Malwarebytes, if you should be completely honest, I would like to know because my Malwarebytes subscription is all most done, my AV is Bitdefender Total Security, would Emsisoft be a better solution in my situation.
You have Bit Defender already so you can't use Emsisoft AM, EAM isn't a companion AV anymore.
Also, EAM also uses Bit Defender latest engine and signatures.

about MBAM vs EAM , i always preferred EAM because of its Behavior Blocker.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 65228

Thread author
Use Bitdefender Total Security for real-time and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware/Emsisoft Emergency Kit on-demand. Unless of course you decide to drop Bitdefender Total Security, then replacing it with Emsisoft Anti-Malware wouldn't be such a bad option at all.

Emsisoft Anti-Malware is quite good. They have real-time protection and an on-demand scanner which utilises their own as well as the Bitdefender engine, they have a Behavior Blocker for zero-day malware protection and also web protection. It's bloat-free and likely sufficient for you. They no longer support a firewall of their own however most are relying on the same technology used for Windows Firewall anyway, and Windows Firewall is a lot better nowadays than it was in the past so there's nothing wrong with using that.

Remember to rely on free 30-day trials before switching to another vendor in general though, this gives you time to decide if you feel comfortable with sticking with the product to prevent you from purchasing for something you don't want to use in the end and thus losing money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.