Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 7, 2016
History of Changes
Version 1.3.1359.
  • Compatibility with Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Version 1607 Redstone 1)
    • Wi-Fi-Sense is no longer offered, so deactivating this function is now obsolete
    • Various group policies were changed according to their validity, which so far has had no impact on O&O ShutUp10
    • Cortana can no longer be deactivated over Windows settings: O&O ShutUp10 can still do this ;-)
  • Deactivation of OneDrive is no longer recommended with limitations, rather it is no longer recommended
    • Some customers use OneDrive for data images so that a deactivation means they no longer have access to important functions
    • To avoid deactivating in error, we have updated the recommendation level to “not recommended”
  • Tooltips explain the meaning of the icons for recommendation levels
  • The Info page now also displays the Windows 10 Version (Threshold 1, Threshold 2 and Redstone 1) to improve communication with our Support Team
  • Various bug fixes

Last edited by a moderator:

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
Thank you for your posting. But I always wonder why the users install such the 3 part utility to disable some tracking Windows functions...... Who knows what is inside of it. This utility may also collect your computer information. Maybe I am wrong but never going to use......

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
I would rather trust myself to disable such features who knows what could happen if this program would be used incorrectly..

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

Captain Awesome

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 7, 2016
Thank you for your posting. But I always wonder why the users install such the 3 part utility to disable some tracking Windows functions...... Who knows what is inside of it. This utility may also collect your computer information. Maybe I am wrong but never going to use......
I am manually turn off most of the things in windows.But it is safe to use.:)

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Its a very safe tool, I have used it since it's inception. I can do all or most of what it does myself,
but it saves me time and is not bundled with anything, no ads, no spyware, it simply does what it says
and does it well. I don't run many 3rd party tools, but this is one I trust.
Thanks for the update Capt. I am downloading it now.

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
Its a very safe tool, I have used it since it's inception. I can do all or most of what it does myself,
but it saves me time and is not bundled with anything, no ads, no spyware, it simply does what it says
and does it well. I don't run many 3rd party tools, but this is one I trust.
Thanks for the update Capt. I am downloading it now.

Hi, CyberGhosT

I don't say that's a dangerous tool and contains some kind of malware/rootkits. But I don't like to use such kind of utilities. You see I used many patched/cracked programs many years ago. But now only use the licenses for activation. Someone told me that Windows 10 education/enterprise versions has the option to disable the telemetry. I still run Windows 7 Pro and not going to migrate Windows 10. I have keys and can do it whenever I want/or be ready

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Hi, CyberGhosT

You see I used many patched/cracked programs many years ago. But now only use the licenses for activation. Someone told me that Windows 10 education/enterprise versions has the option to disable the telemetry. I still run Windows 7 Pro and not going to migrate Windows 10. I have keys and can do it whenever I want/or be ready
This program has nothing to do with hacking, cracking, or windows activation. All it does is disable some very hard to disable features within Windows 10.
I understand you POV Nickolay its all good my friend ;)

Logethica

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Thank you for posting this changelog @Captain Awesome :)
I really like this software...It makes a time consuming job a lot easier,& in comparison to similar software this is more actively developed,more thorough than most,and has a better look and feel IMO.
"Trust" is a game of perspective,perception,& comparisons...
IMO If Microsoft had approached the release of Windows 10 differently then my trust in them may not be as low as it is at present..
It appears as though the Men & Women in sharp business attire,and brimming with irrelevant qualifications & certificates are perhaps not familiar with using the "Carrot" approach as opposed to the "Stick".

Imagine if M$ had released the following statement..

"In an era when a persons data pertaining to their surfing habits,preferences,bandwidth usage,and purchases is valuable to so many Companies and Institutions,we at Microsoft have decided to use this fact to our Customers advantage.
The new Windows 10 operating system will be offered as a FREE upgrade to users of all previous versions of Windows after,and Including,Windows XP.
Those that wish to take advantage of this free upgrade must only agree to the collection of the data mentioned above,and to not use any third-party software (or other methods) to prevent the transference/collection of this data.
For those that wish to opt-out from this free upgrade Windows 10 will be available to purchase and allow the user to choose how little,if any data is collected.
We at Microsoft value our customers privacy ,and desire to make the experience in using our products as flexible, enjoyable, and productive as possible for each and every one of our users.
The data that you provide will help in making our products even better, and together we can ensure that people of every Continent can benefit from the World Wide Web today,as well as helping to anticipate the requirements and goals of the consumer of tomorrow."

...they did not release the above statement,so I will use O &O Shut up 10 to show my dissatisfaction.
What possible reason is there to trust M$ above O &O?..
I highly recommend giving Shutup 10 a try.

H

hjlbx

This is a safe, highly useful utility. It saves me a lot of time.

It's essentially open source. Decompile it and manually inspect the code if you are paranoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.