Dejan

Well, I finally built it today (or well.. the friend/technician who gathered all the components did) and this is the final result. Keep in mind I have a 500GB drive, but Speccy is showing it a bit lower than that.

Anyway, enjoy.

Dejan

win7holic said:
looks good, Dejan :)
Love it.
then ,what you do on your new PC?
I'm going to use it primarily for mid-end gaming, so games like MW2, Portal 2, A.V.A, Virtua Tennis 4 etc.
I know the graphics card is an entry-level card, but seeing videos of it playing games on lower-end systems, I think it'll be good enough. Other than that, some other stuff.

win7holic

dejan has already say about it (above)
I'm going to use it primarily for mid-end gaming, so games like MW2, Portal 2, A.V.A, Virtua Tennis 4 etc.
I know the graphics card is an entry-level card, but seeing videos of it playing games on lower-end systems, I think it'll be good enough. Other than that, some other stuff.

Valentin N

WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
With which Intel processor can the AMD processor on your new PC be compared?
With a Pentium.

Have you tried to see if you can unlock the forth core? I will try to see if it goes

Edit:

What need is a motherboard that allows you to unlock the 4th core, which is done in the bios/CMOS. The video below will show how it's done. I hope this helps. With all four core enabled you will be able to play BF3 maybe since you don't have high resolution monitor.
[hr]

Last edited by a moderator:

Dejan

Not going to unlock the fourth core. It's risky, only x% of them actually work and kind of unneeded too.
I could play BF3 fine actually, if I had a better graphics card, considering the processor is above the minimum of BF3.

Valentin N

Dejan said:
Not going to unlock the fourth core. It's risky, only x% of them actually work and kind of unneeded too.
I could play BF3 fine actually, if I had a better graphics card, considering the processor is above the minimum of BF3.
The fourth core should only be disable. You also unlock a lvl 3 cache can increase your overall performance. Games, video editing benefits greats from lvl 3 cache.

In BF3 there should be a option called pre-rendered frames or similar. Put that to the highest and try to see if that helps.

House_maniac

Level 1
nice but why didn't you go for a phenom IIx4 instead?i had a biostar motherboard i just upgraded to msi to use ddr3 i have a phenom II 945 i can say msi is much better than bios star :) btw your grahpic rocks :)

Valentin N

Dejan said:
No core unlocker on this motherboard, tried already.
if you want to unlock them you have to buy a motherboard that allows that. Biostar has such one.

I think it's worth buying a new motherboard.

I will see what motherboard supports that.

Dejan

Ah, I won't do that just yet, I know that a specific chipset supports the core unlocker, I don't have that one.
I might in the future when I have some more money.

Valentin N

Dejan said:
Ah, I won't do that just yet, I know that a specific chipset supports the core unlocker, I don't have that one.
I might in the future when I have some more money.
sounds good. otherwise you can save for a new one when the next apu comes out, with strong gpu inside.

Regards :)