Tencent PC Manager for Global 2015 Released

woomera

Level 7
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
i had this installed for 48 hours and had to uninstall it due to enormous amount of FP's. detected AVIRA.exe that i downloaded from their website as a virus and couple of other very obvious files as FP. Annoying!

Reactions: Behold Eck

Ben10

Level 1
Verified
Nov 25, 2015
Tencent AV homepage blocked by Panda AV :(
panda.PNG

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
I'm testing now Tencent PCM...and i have the same notification after 5 hours....the virus database is upgrading...
why does it need so a long time? is it a normal behavior?

View attachment 225634
Huge Bitdefender signature updates, after first install, upgrading signatures takes felt forever.
But 5 hours is quite a lot?
With DSL 6000 and WiFi, it took half a hour, maybe less.
When used on a daily basis, should upgrade much faster.

Tencent servers are quite slow, even downloading the installer takes long time
Confirm that.
I have the feeling their cloud also is broken quite recently, the BB misbehaves (does not work, only shows error messages) when cloud is down.
Tried without VPN also, system location Germany.

I As I already posted at Wilders, the first update will be slow, but the subsequent incremental updates will be much faster, due to being a lot smaller in size.
+1

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
thx for your help @roger_m and @Der.Reisende and @imuade
so after one complete day the tencent icon still says the same....maybe the servers are very slow and
load the signatures with 0.00005 kb/s.
the second big bug is the disappearance of the GUI in some situations :eek:

it's a pity....tencent is the lightest av I ever tried....awesome lightness....but i cannot
trust any av vendor with so heavy bugs and issues

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
so its pretty much abandoned?
It's hard to say. They have never provided any support or changelogs for the global release. So it usual to see no updates listed on their website. While it's been seven months since they released an update, maybe they feel that is currently stable enough to not need regular program updates.

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
does someone still use it?
Wouldn't advise using it, Behavior Blocker (which seems cloud based) has been very unstable when I used it half a year (+).
Russian Roulette whether it works (or not), pretty unpredictable.
However, web protection is strong IMO, and has realtime Bitdefender signatures (takes forever to update them however).
Own signatures: so-so.
But very lightweight.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.