New record sales for PlayStation and Digital Games, Q1

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
[..] the gaming division has recorded its best-ever first quarter as far as financial earnings go.

[..] in terms of raw numbers, that represents 1.9 million consoles sold during the first quarter of the fiscal year for 2020.

[..] 91 million PS4 games sold, 18.5 million of them were first-party titles and a whopping 74% of all those transactions were for the digital version of a game rather than a physical copy.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I think Covid had it's part to play here with people buying machines & games to preserve their sanity during lock-down - I bought my youngest daughter an X-Box for that reason

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.