I

illumination

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Additionnal Protection
UAC: Maximum
Virtualization: Shadow Defender
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monitoring
Process Monitor: KillSwitch
Utility Programs
System Utility: Ccleaner,Auslogics Disk Defrag Pro
Backup/Recovery
Backup: Recovery Disks/built in image.

Spawn

Administrator
Verified
Staff member
Comodo all-around.

Out of curiosity, what do you mean by "Tweaked" for CIS6, what settings have you modified?

I

illumination

Earth said:
Comodo all-around.

Out of curiosity, what do you mean by "Tweaked" for CIS6, what settings have you modified?
Meaning it is not of default config :D
First thing i do is switch it to "Proactive security" instead of the default "Internet security" then i change the behavior blocker "auto sandbox" from " partially limited to untrusted. I set the firewall to "block all in coming". In the firewall settings i enable "filter IPv6 traffic, filter loopback traffic, block fragmented IP traffic, do protocol analysis, enable anti-ARP spoofing", i also set a custom rule set for outbound traffic. The "alert frequency level" is not ticked by default, i tick it and set the alert level to medium.

If your curious why Comodo.. It is light, and set up the way i have it, i have never had an infection, as i used basically the same settings with V5.

D

Deleted member 178

HIPS enabled or not? Full virtualization enabled?

I

illumination

Umbra Corp. said:
HIPS enabled or not? Full virtualization enabled?
Hips enabled, it is why the proactive setting, to run both, full virtualization is not enabled as of yet.

D

Deleted member 178

full virtualization is not enabled as of yet.
you should enable it , so some flaws of CIS' HIPS/BB will be backed-up.

I

illumination

Umbra Corp. said:
full virtualization is not enabled as of yet.
you should enable it , so some flaws of CIS' HIPS/BB will be backed-up.
I just finished up with the last of the set up of the new system. I went into BIOS and enabled the VT for the system. My last step/stop will be the registry, to enable full VT in CIS :)

McLovin

Level 73
Verified
Trusted
Malware Hunter
Can't find anything that you could add, covered all grounds and like Earth said Comodo all round :p

I

illumination

McLovin said:
Can't find anything that you could add, covered all grounds and like Earth said Comodo all round :p
It works for me, for at least the time :D

I

illumination

BSOD said:
A lot of notifications/nag screens?
With the custom out bound firewall setting you will have notifications until the firewall is trained, after that it quiets down unless something moves that should not ;)

I

illumination

This original config of CIS was on the other system i sent back. I am running KIS 2013 on my new system, the trial came pre-installed, so i gave it a couple days, and its running great on here, so i got a license.

I

illumination

Removed: KIS 2013
Added: CIS V6

KIS was still a little heavy for my taste, i noticed it when preforming photo editing tasks extensively.. So for the time being, i went back to CIS..