Off-Topic NEW Stunning Web Pictures Gallery

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Prorootect, May 20, 2013.

1. venustus

venustus Level 43
    Content Creator Trusted

Dec 30, 2012
    Sydney
    Windows 10
    Kaspersky
    [​IMG]
    A buck, silhouetted at sunset, bellows near the village of Gorodilovichi, Belarus, on October 22, 2017
    Sergei Gapon / AFP / Getty

Weebarra, BryanB, Prorootect and 4 others like this.
  2. Prorootect

Prorootect Level 46

Nov 5, 2011
    0wN3D by my cat!
    From the French press:
    "Saturday, October 21, a hunting hunt with a pack of dogs ended sadly in Lacroix-Saint-Ouen in the Oise. A deer has been hunted and found refuge in private property. He was then shot while the owners were not present at the scene." ...

"On Saturday, in Lacroix-Saint-Ouen, in the Oise region of France, a deer was shot and killed on a private property following a hunting hunt in the Compiègne forest. Since then, Alain Drach, the crew master who finished the animal, has been happily rotting on the Internet and social networks. A petition has already collected 33,000 signatures.
    To solve this case, and calm the popular outrage, two investigations were opened. One by the gendarmerie, the other by the society of venery." - link on French: Oise: Colère et menaces de mort après l’abattage d’un cerf dans un jardin privé lors d'une chasse à courre

- another - better - read in French: Oise : après l’abattage d’un cerf dans un jardin privé, le chasseur suspendu

Youtube video:
    A deer is slaughtered in the garden of a private property during a hunting run (Oise)

Youtube video publisher wrote:
    "A deer is slaughtered in the garden of a private property during a hunting run. Saturday 21 October 2017 towards 15 during a hunting run in the Oise, a exhausted deer found refuge in the garden of a private property of the Croix Saint-Ouen. The deer needs rest and does not pose any threat. The police are coming to the scene. Around 4 pm, the boatswain (the one who runs the pack) takes charge of the operations. Contacted by the gendarmerie, the owner agreed to an intervention, but not to kill the animal. The master of the crew enters the garden and tries to get the deer out by giving lashes. After 45 minutes, the deer did not move and he was shot by two gunshots. The animal of 150 kilos was then evacuated leaving a pool of blood behind him. The hunters were in their right? According to the law, a mortally wounded game becomes the property of the hunter, even if he takes refuge on a private property. If it is fatally injured, the owners ' agreement is not necessary, according to the National Forest Office (NFB)"

I am deeply shocked and moved by this cold-blooded murder, after 5 hours of chasing with the dogs! ..
    The bastard the hunter - he's a murderer, I think!

BryanB and venustus like this.
  3. venustus

venustus Level 43
    Content Creator Trusted

Dec 30, 2012
    Sydney
    Windows 10
    Kaspersky
    That's sad!!!:cry:

4. Prorootect

Prorootect Level 46

Nov 5, 2011
    0wN3D by my cat!
  5. Prorootect

Prorootect Level 46

Nov 5, 2011
    0wN3D by my cat!
    #485 Prorootect, Nov 3, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    by honeysada, on YouTube :

Baby deer rescue and release

Baby deer a year after the rescue and release

Aimez-vous les animaux? Do you like animals? Do you REALLY love animals?

If you like animals, you like humans too, and if you don't like animals - then humans too... you don't like them REALLY. I think...
    So you don't like yourself?

- "death ends a life here, but not a relationship" (- 9:37 in next video)

"All you need is love, love. Dog is all you need..." - and cats, cats, please ...

- Enjoy the music from these videos? I like it very much, very relaxing.

6. Prorootect

Prorootect Level 46

Nov 5, 2011
    0wN3D by my cat!
    #486 Prorootect, Nov 7, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    The-maximum-extent-of-the-2017-Antarctic-ozone-hole-on-Sept.-11-CREDIT_NASA NOAA Sharp.png

The maximum extent of the 2017 Antarctic ozone hole on Sept. 11 - CREDIT NASA NOAA - Sharpened.png

According to NASA, the ozone hole reached its peak extent on Sept. 11, covering an area about two and a half times the size of the United States – 7.6 million square miles in extent — and then declined through the remainder of September and into October. NOAA ground- and balloon-based measurements also showed the least amount of ozone depletion above the continent during the peak of the ozone depletion cycle since 1988. NOAA and NASA collaborate to monitor the growth and recovery of the ozone hole every year.

“The Antarctic ozone hole was exceptionally weak this year,” said Paul A. Newman, chief scientist for Earth Sciences at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland. “This is what we would expect to see given the weather conditions in the Antarctic stratosphere.”

The smaller ozone hole in 2017 was strongly influenced by an unstable and warmer Antarctic vortex — the stratospheric low pressure system that rotates clockwise in the atmosphere above Antarctica. This helped minimize polar stratospheric cloud formation in the lower atmosphere. The formation and persistence of these clouds are important first steps leading to the chlorine- and bromine-catalyzed reactions that destroy ozone, scientists said. These Antarctic conditions resemble those found in the Arctic, where ozone depletion is much less severe. ...
    Source: Antarctic ozone hole was the smallest it has been in nearly 29 years - Breaking911

BryanB, venustus and plat1098 like this.
  7. Prorootect

Prorootect Level 46

Nov 5, 2011
    0wN3D by my cat!
    My new avatar Lion and Lamb 500x400 source image found on the web:

lion-agneau-flamboyant.jpg
    lion-agneau-flamboyant.jpg
    EXIF data spoke about Nikon D100 camera ...

BryanB, Weebarra and venustus like this.
  8. venustus

venustus Level 43
    Content Creator Trusted

Dec 30, 2012
    Sydney
    Windows 10
    Kaspersky
    ArchAngel
    [​IMG]
    Source:stefsifandos

9. Prorootect

Prorootect Level 46

Nov 5, 2011
    0wN3D by my cat!
    Thank you venustus!
    - Very lively image, I see the diabolical people moving, those to the right in the background...
    I forgot the source of my image 'lion-agneau-flamboyant', in French so... on google images

bribon77, BryanB and venustus like this.
  10. Prorootect

Prorootect Level 46

Nov 5, 2011
    0wN3D by my cat!
    #490 Prorootect, Nov 14, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    Lost Leonardo da Vinci painting discovered
    There are a grand total of 14 oil paintings in the world known to have been painted by Leonardo da Vinci, or rather there were 14. Now there are 15 because a Leonardo that was lost centuries ago has been authenticated by experts from the US and UK. The painting depicts Christ as the Salvator Mundi, the Savior of the World, facing forwards with two fingers of his right hand raised in blessing and a crystal globe in his left hand. It’s oil on a walnut panel and is 2 x 1.5 feet (26 x 18 inches, 66 x 45 cm) in size.
    The Salvator Mundi was a well-known painting when Leonardo first made it around 1500. That’s why we still know of it despite its having dropped out of circulation for hundreds of years, because there are multiple copies made by his students and other artists in his style. Several of these copies have been put forth as the lost original, but scholars disagreed and none of them was widely accepted. There are also two preparatory drawings by Leonardo in the Royal Library at Windsor which show the drapery of Christ’s robe and raised arm just as seen in the painting.
    ... read more on the website: thehistoryblog.com, please ...

leonardo-salvator.jpg
    - source image from Italian website I've lost the link for now, sorry...

On news.artnet.com: What Is Leonardo’s ‘Salvator Mundi’ Really Selling? Cracking the $100 Million da Vinci Code : What Is Leonardo’s 'Salvator Mundi' Really Selling? Cracking the $100 Million da Vinci Code | artnet News
    Jesus saves, but the buyer of Leonardo's 'Salvator Mundi' will spend—a lot.
    The signs all point one way: Christie’s upcoming sale of Leonardo da Vinci’s spooky Salvator Mundi is the latest and perhaps most convincing portent that we are living in the End Times. ... read more ...

A lost Leonardo da Vinci painting was rediscovered after 500 years — but critics have spotted an unusual flaw : A lost Leonardo da Vinci painting was rediscovered after 500 years — but critics have spotted an unusual flaw
    A major flaw in a painting identified as one of Leonardo da Vinci's lost works makes some historians think it's a fake,
    according to The Guardian. The crystal orb in the image doesn't distort light in the way natural physics does, which would be an unusual error for da Vinci.
    See that crystal orb?

leonardo-salvator-mundi-globe-1001x1024.jpg
    Source: from the google images ..
    He holds a symbol of the world he loves in his left hand... He looks directly into our eyes and our hearts...
    ... read more ...

On sfluxe.net:
    Leonardo da Vinci’s ‘Salvator Mundi’ Comes to San Francisco : Leonardo da Vinci’s ‘Salvator Mundi’ Comes to San Francisco
    In San Francisco at Minnesota Street Project this week, an astonishingly rare opportunity to see in-person one of the world’s most important paintings — Leonardo da Vinci’s Salvator Mundi (‘Saviour of the World’).
    Christie’s is previewing it here in advance of their November 15, 2017 auction at Rockefeller Plaza, where it’s expected to sell for around $100 million.
    It last sold for $127.5 million to Russian billionaire, Dmitry Rybolovlev, who has been in the news for having purchased Donald Trump’s Palm Beach estate in 2008 for between $95 million and $100 million.
    Commissioned by King Louis XII of France and painted between 1506 and 1513, at the same time period as the Mona Lisa, it was owned by King Charles I and II, then bizarrely got lost to history for over 100 years, eventually being auctioned in 1958 for about $50. Not $50 million. $50.
    ... read more ...

Droga5 looks at the world through Salvator Mundi’s eyes : Droga5 looks at the world through Salvator Mundi's eyes
    - on moreaboutadvertising.com
    Christie’s in New York is to sell Salvator Mundi, Christ as ‘Saviour of the World,’ recently attributed to Leonardo da Vinci, for an estimated $100m.
    So the last da Vinci (that we know about anyway).
    Droga5, which likes to zag where others zig (now who else did that?) has had the ingenious idea of focussing not on the painting but the reactions of people looking at it, including some celebs.
    .. read more, please ...

Christies.com link: Video: The Last da Vinci | Christie's’
    - but it's already sold... for another time for you then!

venustus and BryanB like this.
  11. Prorootect

Prorootect Level 46

Nov 5, 2011
    0wN3D by my cat!
    #491 Prorootect, Nov 15, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    Salvator-Mundiglobe.jpg leonardo-salvator-mundi-globe 150x149.jpg thumbnail
    - I found the source of leonardo-salvator-mundi-globe-1001x1024.jpg from precedent post - it's from the link in precedent post: news.artnet.com - Detail of Leonardo da Vinci’s Salvator Mundi. Image: Ben Davis.

- Then this nice video from the last link from moreaboutadvertising.com, on YouTube:

The Last da Vinci: The World is Watching

And another very interesting video:

"Salvator Mundi" a newly rediscovered painting by Leonardo Da Vinci.

Did you know, that my topic on the Shroud of Turin hit more than 100,000 views, exactly 101,404 views today? Many thanks for all of you! It can be found on the 27th page of 'Off Topic' MT section today, and soon it would be on 28 page... and yes, time goes by, for everything and everyone... Direct link:
    Shroud of Turin Latest News and pictures : Shroud of Turin Latest News and pictures

venustus and BryanB like this.
  12. Prorootect

Prorootect Level 46

Nov 5, 2011
    0wN3D by my cat!
    #492 Prorootect, Nov 16, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    “Salvator Mundi” sold on Wednesday night
    Price realised USD 450,312,500: Christies.com: Leonardo da Vinci (1452-1519) , Salvator Mundi ☞look too on 'Lot essay' link on the page...

Read on nytimes.com:
    After 19 minutes of dueling, with four bidders on the telephone and one in the room, Leonardo da Vinci’s “Salvator Mundi” sold on Wednesday night for $450.3 million with fees, shattering the high for any work of art sold at auction. It far surpassed Picasso’s “Women of Algiers,” which fetched $179.4 million at Christie’s in May 2015. The buyer was not immediately disclosed.

There were gasps throughout the sale, as the bids climbed by tens of millions up to $225 million, by fives up to $260 million, and then by twos. As the bidding slowed, and a buyer pondered the next multi-million-dollar increment, Jussi Pylkkanen, the auctioneer, said, “It’s an historic moment; we’ll wait.”

Toward the end, Alex Rotter, Christie’s co-chairman of postwar and contemporary art, who represented a buyer on the phone, made two big jumps to shake off one last rival bid from Francis de Poortere, Christie’s head of old master paintings.

The price is all the more remarkable at a time...

- read more on nytimes.com: Leonardo da Vinci Painting Sells for $450.3 Million, Shattering Auction Highs

- Never seen price! 'Shattering Auction Hights'!

leonardo-salvator-mundi-globe-darker 200x200.jpg leonardo-salvator-mundi-globe-darker 200x200.jpg I've enhanced, from 1001x1024 pixels image

Weebarra, venustus and BryanB like this.
  13. Prorootect

Prorootect Level 46

Nov 5, 2011
    0wN3D by my cat!
    Admirers of Leonardo da Vinci's work' Salvator Mundi' are asked to change the thread especially dedicated to Leonardo paintings on this same 'Off topic' MT section here:

Leonardo da Vinci The Complete Painting Works - A Love Story!
    Leonardo da Vinci The Complete Painting Works - A Love Story!

Thank you!

14. ElectricSheep

ElectricSheep Level 12

Aug 31, 2014
    Professional Woolly Jumper
    Planet Earth
    Here's another pic - in colour - of the above pic, just released today by NASA/JPL

[​IMG]

More info on the pic: Cassini Image Mosaic: A Farewell to Saturn

15. Prorootect

Prorootect Level 46

Nov 5, 2011
    0wN3D by my cat!
    #495 Prorootect, Nov 28, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    Evacuation centres, hotels fill up as Bali eruption looms
    Nov 28 2017
    Mount Agung Bali eruption - AFP photo.jpg
    Mount Agung Bali eruption - AFP photo.jpg
    Mount Agung is throwing out smoke, hot gases and fragments of molten rock as an eruption looms

Karangasem (Indonesia) (AFP) - Evacuation centres and hotels in Bali filled up Tuesday with tens of thousands seeking refuge as a volcano on the Indonesian resort island threatened to erupt, forcing the closure of the main airport for a second day.
    Stranded tourists hunted for accommodation while frightened villagers living in Mount Agung’s shadow made their way to more than 200 evacuation centres as the mountain gushed smoke and ash.
    The rumbling volcano – which last erupted in 1963 killing around 1,600 people – forced Indonesian authorities to close Bali’s airport for a second day Tuesday as experts raised the alert level to maximum.
    Towering columns of thick grey smoke have been rising from the mountain since last week, and in the last few days have begun shooting into the sky, forcing all flights to be grounded until at least Wednesday morning.
    Ash is dangerous for planes as it makes runways slippery and can be sucked into their engines.
    Officials have warned that the volcano, which looms over the tropical holiday paradise, could erupt at any moment....

Some 40,000 people have abandoned their homes in the danger zone but as many as many as 100,000 will likely be forced to leave, disaster agency officials have said.
    “Volcanic ash is still spewing. It’s thick and rising very high – up to three or four kilometres from the crater,” said I Gede Suantika, an official at Indonesia’s volcanology agency.
    The exclusion zone around Agung, which is 75 kilometres from the beachside tourist hub of Kuta, has also been widened to 10 kilometres.
    As of Tuesday some 443 flights had been cancelled, affecting more than 120,000 passengers in Bali, a top holiday destination that attracts millions of foreign tourists every year.
    Inn operator I Wayan Yastina Joni was among the few hoteliers willing to take up an appeal by Bali’s governor and tourism agency to supply free rooms to thousands of out-of-luck visitors, though some offered discounts.
    “I don’t mind giving free accommodation for tourists I already know,” said the owner of the Pondok Denayu Homestay.
    “This is nobody’s fault. It’s a natural disaster that no one expected,” he added...

Hundreds of tourists are being shuttled to Indonesia’s second city Surabaya, about 13 hours’ drive away, so they can fly out of the country.
    “We are preparing 10 buses and more can likely be provided later today,” Bali Transportation Agency Head Agung Sudarsana said earlier Tuesday.
    The airport on nearby Lombok island – also a popular tourist destination east of Bali – has opened and closed several times in the past few days. It is currently open but may yet be shuttered again, officials said...

Mount Agung’s last eruption in the early sixties was one of the deadliest ever seen in a country with nearly 130 active volcanoes...

“What we are seeing at the moment are small explosions, throwing out hot gases and fragments of molten rock, or ash,” said David Pyle, a volcano expert at Oxford University.
    “The probability of a large eruption is high, but this may take some days or weeks to unfold.”...

Read more at: Ultrasurf - Top Stories

plat1098 likes this.
  16. Prorootect

Prorootect Level 46

Nov 5, 2011
    0wN3D by my cat!
    #496 Prorootect, Nov 29, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
    .. then:
    Indonesia re-opening Bali airport shut by volcanic ash
    Ultrasurf - Top Stories
    [​IMG]

Mount Agung, which looms over one of the world's top holiday spots, could produce a thunderous eruption at any moment, officials have warned, forcing the main airport to be shut since Monday

[​IMG]
    - image from Inquirer News - INQUIRER.net 620 × 421 - A general view shows Mount Agung erupting seen at night from Kubu sub-district in Karangasem Regency on Indonesia's resort island of Bali
    Indonesia officials extend Bali airport closure over volcanic ash : Indonesia officials extend Bali airport closure over volcanic ash

17. Prorootect

Prorootect Level 46

Nov 5, 2011
    0wN3D by my cat!
    And there you go! - this relaxing topic has reached Views: 100,116 - so another topic that has passed the 100,000 views mark - thank you very much to all of you!

18. Telos

Telos Level 8

Jan 29, 2017
    Baana
  19. Prorootect

Prorootect Level 46

Nov 5, 2011
    0wN3D by my cat!
    #499 Prorootect, Dec 2, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    Hello Telos, wonderful tornado picture, sure!
    But where was that? - could you post the image source too, cause the rules here, please

Telos likes this.
  20. Telos

Telos Level 8

Jan 29, 2017
    Baana
    Sorry... I picked it up from here.

Prorootect likes this.