New Ways To Think About Online Privacy

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
New Ways To Think About Online Privacy topic here ..

New Ways To Think About Online Privacy: on npr.org: http://www.npr.org/blogs/alltechconsidered/2012/02/29/147669008/new-ways-to-think-about-online-privacy

QUOTE:
'Here's a summary of what some of these big thinkers had to say:

David Kobia, director of technology, at Ushahidi
Karen Wickre, editorial director, at Twitter
Luke Flemmer, chief operating officer, Lab49
Sherry Turkle, director, MIT initiative on technology and self
Chris Anderson, editor-in-chief, Wired Magazine '

In comments section:

'Mike Moore (ekim_eroom) wrote:

@A Z:

The response I get at work (tech support):

Whatever, just don't take my facebook, twitter, flash (a system that runs flash is hackable, so say the hackers), smart phone away from me. All my apps are vetted by Apple - they're SAFE. IPad3 - oooh.

What fight?

Me? I don't have a facebook account (couldn't figure out how to close one, not exactly an invitation to open one), don't have a twitter account (can't think of anything in my daily life that's worth 140 characters at any given moment for ANYONE to care about, let alone the the time and effort it would take to post it), Got Gmail, just cleared my search histories on all my email accounts - paused them all.

"...now being won simply through the seduction of convenience wrapped in the absolution of the only thing that matters to entities like Google, Apple, Facebook, Microsoft, et al.: profit."

Yup.

"Fight the future."?

Have at it.

There's too many who just can't be bothered. Whether they're just trying to hold on or couldn't possibly care less (until something foreseeable, (forewarned) breaks), sometimes because they're just too busy.

Back to work.'

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.