Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
New Windows 10 Cumulative Updates Finally Launching Tomorrow

Microsoft rolls out this month’s Patch Tuesday updates tomorrow, and this time, the release is twice more important than in the past because it also includes security fixes that were originally expected in February.

The company delayed the February 2017 Patch Tuesday fixes due to a bug discovered at the very last minute, so this month’s rollout should include twice more fixes for Windows computers.

Additionally, Microsoft is expected to patch vulnerabilities that were made public by Google and which were originally projected to be addressed last month, but which are still there given the Patch Tuesday delay.

And of course, this month’s Patch Tuesday cycle will also include cumulative updates for Windows 10, which are critical for computers running the latest Microsoft operating system, as they include both security patches and other improvements for the OS itself and the built-in apps and features.

There were no cumulative updates released last month either, and this again proves that Windows 10 systems might have a large patch to deploy tomorrow that would address all issues discovered since the last Patch Tuesday in January this year.

IT admins should have in mind that this month’s Patch Tuesday rollout will require system reboots, so saving work before starting deployment will be necessary.

We’ll post more information about the new updates tomorrow when they go live, but expect a large Patch Tuesday cycle this month.

A

antreas

There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information this may help: (0x80070422)

Reactions: SHvFl

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information this may help: (0x80070422)
No error message on my side. Always said my device is up to date

Kubla

Level 8
Verified
Jan 22, 2017
Mine updated this morning;

If you have bitlocker enabled on your boot drive have your bitlocker key handy!

After the updates you will get a popup on boot about system changes and you will be required to enter your bitlocker key or you can't boot to your desktop.

I could not find my USB stick funny how those will sprout legs and walk off. I knew had my key also backed up on my mirrored back up drives but I could not access them. To make a long story short I had to install my old Windows 7 on another drive to gain access to my backup drives to get my key in order to boot my main driver. Don't be me!

Last edited:

After the updates you will get a popup on boot about system changes and you will be required to enter your bitlocker key or you can't boot to your desktop.

This doesn't only apply to Windows Updates\Upgrades, but also applies to other software updates. Because of the inconvenience, it is one of the reasons that those who enable Bitlocker quickly abandon it. Lost keys on lost USBs, forgetting that the key is needed, forgetting have the USB on-hand, issues enabling TPM, and such rigmarole...

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Managed to update the day it was released. Have had zero problems. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.