Status
Not open for further replies.

Binks

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
May 17, 2017
Hi guys ..
I just found out about this forum. I'm been attack by ransomware and lost all my data. This gives me very big interest to understand how antivirus software can protect against any type of attack.

Would anybody here kind enough to share how do you download sample from vault and uses for testing? I can't seems to find download location ... currently I'm using Bitdefender Gravityzone Business Security - wanted to test how strong this antivirus software on my spare laptop.

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Btw mind sharing how do u guys rate a antivirus software? Mind sharing your thought about it?

Binks you might get lots of action if you start a thread on this one. You can create polls too. Which a-v is important, but there is so much more that can be done, so it's only part of the solution against today's threats...

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Besides, you can post your current security setup here and get constructive feedback as well as interesting discussions on your fav software.
Welcome to the community :)

The Golden Rule for security is Backup. Backup be against virus, backup be against misconfigurations, backup be against ransomware. You'll always be prepared then!

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Hi guys ..
I just found out about this forum. I'm been attack by ransomware and lost all my data. This gives me very big interest to understand how antivirus software can protect against any type of attack.

Would anybody here kind enough to share how do you download sample from vault and uses for testing? I can't seems to find download location ... currently I'm using Bitdefender Gravityzone Business Security - wanted to test how strong this antivirus software on my spare laptop.

Welcome to MT :)
Make sure to post your Security Configuration so that we can rate it, and discover why you got infected.
The best AV discussion is very vague and personal, but I must tell you that the best security is always your brain :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.