newcomer security config !

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I would like to suggest some form of backup for the future, you could give either Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper a try. Both have a free and reliable version so that if something happens in the future you can restore your machine as easy as 1 2 3 and you will be up and running again. ;)

L

LabZero

As @frogboy says, it is very important to secure the OS and the data that it contains, by executing a backup/recovery plan.
You can use No Script browser extension to handle any malicious scripts during your web surfing.
Finally, it is your choice, but consider to uninstall Iobit ASC because it is not really necessary and It can create stability problems.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hello @newcomer.
I agree with Captain Awesome (& now the wisdom of Klipsh). @frogboy is our resident emperor of restoration methods. His recommendation prevents loss, sleepless nights, and their accompanying frustrations too!:p

If you use Firefox, or one of it's worthy alternatives such as Palemoon, Klipsh's recommended java script blocker, NoScript, can be added from here: NoScript - JavaScript/Java/Flash blocker for a safer Firefox experience! - what is it? - InformAction
For Chrome, I've used ScriptBlock ScriptBlock
..but currently use uMatrix uMatrix

For added privacy, block third party cookies in your Chrome browser:
  1. Click the Chrome menu
    tgmsrPRh34tM4q0WYv7l-NNXDz7dqm7ftk8TyCEguoY30xkEg8lcw_ULI23ki9Q=w18-h18
    on the browser toolbar.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Click Show advanced settings.
  4. In the "Privacy" section, click the Content settings button. Select "Block third-party cookies and site data"
    • After this you'll see
      chrome_95647_blocked_cookie.gif
      in the address bar whenever a cookie has being blocked.
    • Optionally, you may also mark the circle "Keep site data only until you close the browser".
In Vivaldi settings there are 2 options: Accept Cookies and Third Party Cookies. Third Party Cookies you can set to "block".

Let us know how you like Panda, and if you'll keep it after your trial runs out.
Thanks for sharing your configuration.:)
I like your avatar, it's a very Presidential looking Seal with good messages all around!:D

newcomer

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jul 15, 2016
Thanks in advance u guys...I will take ur recommened and will add to my security list later when i'm done fixing with my laptop...u guys are awesome ppl here :)

Hello @newcomer.
I agree with Captain Awesome (& now the wisdom of Klipsh). @frogboy is our resident emperor of restoration methods. His recommendation prevents loss, sleepless nights, and their accompanying frustrations too!:p

If you use Firefox, or one of it's worthy alternatives such as Palemoon, Klipsh's recommended java script blocker, NoScript, can be added from here: NoScript - JavaScript/Java/Flash blocker for a safer Firefox experience! - what is it? - InformAction
For Chrome, I've used ScriptBlock ScriptBlock
..but currently use uMatrix uMatrix

For added privacy, block third party cookies in your Chrome browser:
  1. Click the Chrome menu
    tgmsrPRh34tM4q0WYv7l-NNXDz7dqm7ftk8TyCEguoY30xkEg8lcw_ULI23ki9Q=w18-h18
    on the browser toolbar.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Click Show advanced settings.
  4. In the "Privacy" section, click the Content settings button. Select "Block third-party cookies and site data"
    • After this you'll see
      chrome_95647_blocked_cookie.gif
      in the address bar whenever a cookie has being blocked.
    • Optionally, you may also mark the circle "Keep site data only until you close the browser".
In Vivaldi settings there are 2 options: Accept Cookies and Third Party Cookies. Third Party Cookies you can set to "block".

Let us know how you like Panda, and if you'll keep it after your trial runs out.
Thanks for sharing your configuration.:)
I like your avatar, it's a very Presidential looking Seal with good messages all around!:D
Thanks buddy..i really do like that avatar alot....:)

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.