Nintendo, Sony and Hyundia revise their Warranty Info

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Six major hardware manufacturers received warning letters from the US Federal Trade Commission earlier this month, which stated that their warranties might conflict with US law. In response, Nintendo and Sony have announced that they will update their policies, according to US Gamer.

The six companies were ASUS, HTC, Hyundai, Microsoft, Nintendo, and Sony.

Other Source(s):
Nintendo, Sony Update Their Warranty Following Warning From the FTC
Hyundai Gets FTC Warning for Warranty Language | News | Car and Driver
Nintendo - Customer Service | U.S. Warranty Text |
https://support.us.playstation.com/...pdates-for-U-S-and-Canada-PlayStation-Systems

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
For companies who are so large, this should have been implemented as soon as they were made aware of the new laws. I think that they have held off just because anyone who bought items during the transition period would be exempt from the new warranty stipulation. I would be a hard task master and just fined said companies, no warning letter, for not complying within the timescale, nada, zero, zilch ... it's not like they can't afford it and yes i am a bit of a [moderated] at times :D

Oops, apologies for bad language folks. :censored: It won't happen again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daviworld

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.