Not open for further replies.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
With the release today of Windows 10 build 9860, you might be hoping to download an ISO to perform a clean install of the OS. Unfortunately, Microsoft has said that this will not occur which means that Windows Update is your only option.

The information comes from Gabriel Aul, who is head of the Insider program, and when responding to a question on Twitter, he shot down the idea of the ISOs.

Ashampoo_Snap_2014.10.22_09h42m54s_001_.png

While this may sadden your heart, it makes sense from Microsoft's perspective. They want to test the new update feature and make sure that it is working properly and the best way to do that is to force all users to go through that channel.

Seeing that there is a new faster release cadence too, this feature will likely get a through test too. While we wait to see how quickly 'fast' is on the new Windows Update settings page, this first update came 20 days after the initial release.

For those downloading the build, it will weigh in between 2GB and 2.74GB depending on CPU architecture and language.

FONZACUS

Oct 21, 2014
im just hoping theyll change their minds upon official release (both disk and ISO, but im guessing theyre going to be 'premium paid only service'), else its still windows 7 for me. i never really liked autoupdates/cloud technology and whatnot thanks to steam. a non clean install OS just doesnt feel right with me.

Reactions: Malware1

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I have downloaded and installed Build 9860.Download took some time and then install had a few hiccups.On install I kept getting an error that the preview did not install try again later.After a restart and a couple more tries it eventually installed however this also took a great deal of time.Mine is installed in Virtual box and I haven't really played around with it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.