No, NVIDIA 3080's were not lost in a shipping container

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
There is a news story gaining a bit of traction claiming that 500,000 GeForce RTX 30 series graphics cards had gone missing during transit, and have now been found in an unlabeled shipping container in South Korea. There is even a supposed quote from Nvidia on the matter, explaining the situation to shareholders. The only problem is, none of it actually happened.
@plat1098

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Yes, I asked in a PM for that Tech PowerUP article to be deleted. Fake news? But, I still believe at least some of those gpus exist and are held back somewhere and are to be released to the market. Hopefully NOT to scalpers.

A little embarrassing for TPU, I think. 🤬 And sad for us consumers who still can't buy one for a decent price.

Edit: just saw the message...yes, sorry to hear: Fake news.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.