No, we're not living in a computer simulation, say theoretical physicists

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
The way i see it, the difference is this. In a simulator, someone else makes the rules. In a simulator, the other "human" is a program you can't change or reason with, because someone else controls it. So instead trying to make someone change his "mind" for example, you just have to think "ok, incompatible program, no need to waste my time". Or, anything happening, can attribute it to the will of the external programmer/simulation supervisor.
Maybe, but who's to say the beings running the simulation can't drop enough protons, neutrons and electrons inside and sit back and watch as their simulated universe is formed and eventually evolve into what it is today. The only rule would be that the simulation exists in the first place and everything would still have complete free will. They'd get to observe how countless species are born, how they live, how they adapt to an ever changing world and how/why they go extinct.

Last edited:
Reactions: Handsome Recluse

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Well, I think Plato said something like that.
The other one does not exist Free Will all this controlled by someone. the universe has laws, and there is no law if it is not given by someone.

The good news is, it's not controlled by Microsoft.:giggle:

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.