NoahTheWinUser security config (free of charge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daljeet

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 14, 2017
Hello Noah,
First set UAC to always notify. I'm not sure about crystal security and shadow defender.Try this zemana antimalware Free Key (It is a good product and use it as on demand scanner or try EEk). Extensions are Ublock,ad blocker, Adguard Free key. And install Comodo firewal.
Thanks for sharing :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevi and DeepWeb

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Nice config. I do not think Shadow Defender is absolutely needed, but would not be a bad addition for sure. Consider:

- Use a good content blocker like uBlock Origin
- Try Macrium Reflect for system image backups
- Add a zero-day solution like Comodo Firewall or Voodoshield (both free)

Thanks for sharing :)

NoahTheWinUser

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 17, 2017
Hello Noah,
First set UAC to always notify. I'm not sure about crystal security and shadow defender.Try this zemana antimalware Free Key (It is a good product and use it as on demand scanner or try EEk). Extensions are Ublock,ad blocker, Adguard Free key. And install Comodo firewal.
Thanks for sharing :D
Thanks for your reply! I will set UAC to always notify. Does Zemana Free remove malware, or does it only scan for them and asks for payment to remove?

Nice config. I do not think Shadow Defender is absolutely needed, but would not be a bad addition for sure. Consider:

- Use a good content blocker like uBlock Origin
- Try Macrium Reflect for system image backups
- Add a zero-day solution like Comodo Firewall or Voodoshield (both free)

Thanks for sharing :)
Thanks for your reply! I'm happy you like my config. I'll check out the software you mentioned!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Daljeet and brod56

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
First consider some type of system imaging & data backup solution.
Macrium Reflect & AOMEI Backupper offer good free system backup solutions and preferably an external drive for data.
Consider adding an ad blocker such as Adguard which you can get a premium key here MalwareTips Giveaway - ADGUARD 3 Days Unlimited Giveaway
or uBlock Origin in Firefox.
Consider adding an additional on demand scanner(s).
Consider CCleaner for system optimization.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

NoahTheWinUser

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 17, 2017
First consider some type of system imaging & data backup solution.
Macrium Reflect & AOMEI Backupper offer good free system backup solutions and preferably an external drive for data.
Consider adding an ad blocker such as Adguard which you can get a premium key here MalwareTips Giveaway - ADGUARD 3 Days Unlimited Giveaway
or uBlock Origin in Firefox.
Consider adding an additional on demand scanner(s).
Consider CCleaner for system optimization.
Thanks for sharing your config :)
Thank you! I'll look into the software you've mentioned. CCleaner won't damage the registry, will it?

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Thank you! I'll look into the software you've mentioned. CCleaner won't damage the registry, will it?
It allows you to make a backup just in case.
However for the many,many years I have used it I have only once had to use the backup.
I would say it is very safe.

Reactions: JM Safe

NoahTheWinUser

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 17, 2017
Thank you, everyone replying! I'm currently looking into the softwares you've recommended. May I ask, is Crystal Security a reliable AntiVirus & AntiMalware suite (in combo with Windows Defender)? I am not very sure about that, since I once noticed a delay in Crystal's process/file blocking (could've been for some other reason though, not sure) and also, it requires UAC permission at every boot, but I've noticed sometimes it does not even ask for UAC at boot. So, could you people please recommend another 3rd party free of charge antimalware/antivirus suite (with real-time protection) that can replace Crystal Security - and work in combination with Windows Defender (or if it's good enough to work on its own: replace Crystal Security AND Windows Defender)? Thanks!

Last edited:

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
I'd appreciate any suggestions.
Maybe FortiClient as antimalware/AV? Forticlient - Next Generation Endpoint Protection
And Cybereason RamsonFree for anti-ransomware?

I recommend you to try Windows Defender+Voodooshield free only. You won't need anything else for real time protection if you have normal usage and common sense.
Voodoshield is far superior than any anti Malware on real time because it packs both heuristics and a permanent Virus total scanner for all files automatically.

NoahTheWinUser

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 17, 2017
I recommend you to try Windows Defender+Voodooshield free only. You won't need anything else for real time protection if you have normal usage and common sense.
Voodoshield is far superior than any anti Malware on real time because it packs both heuristics and a permanent Virus total scanner for all files automatically.
Thanks very much for that suggestion! I will try that and let you know how it works!

Reactions: brod56

Daljeet

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 14, 2017
Thanks for your reply! I will set UAC to always notify. Does Zemana Free remove malware, or does it only scan for them and asks for payment to remove?

Grab your free keys from given links. Zemana Antimalware have two types free/premium. Use zemana as on demand scanner.
Stay safe :)

JHomes

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
Instead of Shadow Defender, use Rollback Rx. You need a backup tool too so this covers both needs. It's got a paid and freeware edition, the Home Edition is the freeware so that would keep your config free of charge :)

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
CCleaner is not an on-demand scanner.

Follow suggestions about backups.

Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: JHomes
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.