Computer specifications
  • R5-3600
  • RTX 2070
  • 32GB DDR4
  • 1 SSD + 2 HDD
Device activity usage
  1. Generic web browsing
  2. Shopping
  3. Downloading and installing new software(s)
  4. Downloading files from unfamiliar sites
  5. Computer games
  6. Streaming audio and video content from the Internet
  7. Testing the limits of security software
F

ForgottenSeer 55474

Hey Noche, I would recommend a suite(paid) of some sort, If it was me I would pick Bitdefender Total Security or Kaspersky Total Security, then I would harden Windows with Syshardener & OSAmor,.
For scanner it is fine with Malwarebytes, but I would add HitmanPro & Norton Power Eraser to the mix.
Good Configuration by the way. :)

Noche

Level 15
Nov 15, 2017
I added Kaspersky just for this.

1.jpg
:D

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
May 4, 2018
FF Browser has way way too many extensions, plus you don't need Bitdefender & Norton Safe Web on the same browser, this is certainly overkill.

Same for Chrome you do not need Windows, Norton & Bitdefender on the same browser, this is even more overkill than Firefox lmao

The rest however looks great, ty for sharing.

~LDogg

Noche

Level 15
Nov 15, 2017
FF Browser has way way too many extensions, plus you don't need Bitdefender & Norton Safe Web on the same browser, this is certainly overkill.

Same for Chrome you do not need Windows, Norton & Bitdefender on the same browser, this is even more overkill than Firefox lmao

I have these extensions because I think that the logic of the operating system does not apply in the browsers. As for ram memory consumption I don't notice much difference having one security extension to have three.

Been a long time since I've seen someone use Trusteer Rapport, hows it working for you? I used it briefly many moons ago .

It works for some extra security options that don't come with the extensions I use.

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
May 4, 2018
I have these extensions because I think that the logic of the operating system does not apply in the browsers. As for ram memory consumption I don't notice much difference having one security extension to have three.

This reason baffles me and makes no sense. You only need 1 of out the 2/3, not all 2/3. Factually this is nonsensical and overkill. The memory consumption isn't the issue. Having too many extensions that do the same thing is the issue. And 1-2 need o be removed and stick to one security per browser. No excuses tbh, but this is your computer and is completely optional.

~LDogg

Vitali Ortzi

Level 20
Verified
Dec 12, 2016
Don't use all those chrome extensions best case scenario your browser will be slow worst case your attack surface has been reduced
/One extension got hacked

I prefer a default deny based phishing approach whatever based on reputation or not
Only downside is that if a reputable website has been hijacked you wont be protected

Noche

Level 15
Nov 15, 2017
Removed: Windows 10 Firewall Control & Configure Defender
Added: CryptoPrevent + OSArmor + Malwarebytes Firewall Control

I'm still looking for some free HIPS solution that will convince me but I don't think there is one, just comodo and spyshelter.