Nokia’s 3310 returns to life as a modern classic

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Nokia has sold 126 million of its original 3310 phone since it was first introduced back in September, 2000. It was a time before the iPhone, and Nokia ruled with popular handsets that let you play simple games like Snake. Now the 3310 is making a nostalgic return in the form of a more modern variant, thanks to Nokia-branded phone maker HMD. Like its predecessor, it will still be called the Nokia 3310, but this time it’s running Nokia’s Series 30+ software, with a 2.4-inch QVGA display, a 2-megapixel camera, and even a microSD slot.

Those specs are still fairly basic by our modern phone standards, but that’s the beauty of such a basic featurephone. Unlike the brick-like sturdiness of the old 3310, the modern variant is a little smaller, thinner, and lighter all round. It’s also a lot more colorful this time around, with glossy yellow and red colors, and matte grey and dark blue models. It’s instantly recognizable as a Nokia, and HMD has even included a modern Snake game on the handset just to play on the nostalgia.

xM5oP3e.png

F4q1Pl7.png

4lvdjjp.png

anK6yKw.png

W

Wave

It looks pretty cool to me but too bad its doesn't support 3G connectivity.
Plus 3G is a form of tracking. ;)

But since this phone is new it cannot be trusted, police don't like the old disposable ones because they are used by criminals -> dispose. No tracking

So if you want to be safe.. use the old brick ones only with pay as you go -> dispose when ur done with whatever it is lol

W

Wave

Even if you use original Nokia 3310, your operator can still see where you are and on which cell tower are you connected. ;)
Yeah that is true, I mean maybe it isn't invincible like I made out, but it's much safer. you just use it for the specific purpose and make sure it's not linking to yourself in person -> write all lower or all caps and use different writing style -> regularly replace -> get someone else to buy it from a shop with the pay as you go

problem solved :D

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
Yeah that is true, I mean maybe it isn't invincible like I made out, but it's much safer. you just use it for the specific purpose and make sure it's not linking to yourself in person -> write all lower or all caps and use different writing style -> regularly replace -> get someone else to buy it from a shop with the pay as you go

problem solved :D
There is another way to prevent operator from identifying you, just buy prepaid SIM card and don't register it. In some countries, you have to provide ID card so operator will know who is using their services. However, in my country that's still not necessary. You can register if you want, one operator even offers award if you register (they add some credits on your accoun). :)

W

Wave

There is another way to prevent operator from identifying you, just buy prepaid SIM card and don't register it. In some countries, you have to provide ID card so operator will know who is using their services. However, in my country that's still not necessary. You can register if you want, one operator even offers award if you register (they add some credits on your accoun). :)
That's what I was referring too, sorry... not sure why I said pay as you go, I think I was talking about paying as you go with prepaid lol. But you hit it on the nail with the recent post, that's what I was thinking of in my head :)

vemn

Level 6
Verified
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Feb 11, 2017
Lol. Like many movie scenes.
Buy-Use-And-Throw-Away phones and prepaid SIMs.
*finished phone call, throw phone into river. *
Like a boss. :cool:

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
Never had a 3310 but still own a 3210, and it still works.

BugCode

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Blaa,blaa,,, :d Little bit stronger cover and same content inside would have been enouhg! Well, i am so happy that i own original. I am so,,,well like old stuff :p

Reactions: anajames

BugCode

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
@anajames Sure :p & 2110 model too, i have old phones pretty much. I dunno why i store those,,,maybe err i dunno :oops:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.