Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
CNN said:
nokia-tatoo-patent.top.jpg

The sketches in Nokia's patent application show how its proposed "haptic feedback" system could be attached to the user's skin.

NEW YORK (CNN) -- Nobody likes a loud ringtone, and if you don't have your phone close by, you might not feel it vibrate. Finnish-based Nokia has a potential solution, with just one catch: You need to get a tattoo.

In a recent filing to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Nokia (NOK) described a concept for using magnetic ink embedded in the skin to interact with a specific electromagnetic field put off by mobile phones. The interaction would generate a perceivable stimulus when the ink registers "an alert of an incoming message, a phone call, an alarm."

In other words, your tattoo will vibrate with your phone.
Karen Lachtanski, a spokeswoman for Nokia, said she couldn't speak to when the technology might be commercially developed.

Read more : http://money.cnn.com/2012/03/22/technology/nokia-tele-tattoos/?source=cnn_bin

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
While the technology is impressive , you have to wonder if this isn't too much...... I mean it's one thing too not like a loud ring tone or not hearing your phone but I don't think that making a tattoo that vibrates is the solution here..
I would still prefer, going into the settings and change the volume or missing a call than actually getting a tattoo.... :D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
In my opinion, I don't like tattoos at any cases since its likely not good in the form of appearance even its an art. Even that patent is useful perhaps the ordinary way is better.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Same here. Tattoos are not something I would like to have for ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.