Non-Official 360 Total Security 5.0.0.2055 Detected as virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vindiesel

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Apr 15, 2013
Hello friends I have a little problemam 360 Total Security Antivirus 5.0.0.2055 is detected as a virus, it can be?

Virus Total Download an unofficial site :https://www.virustotal.com/es/file/...8fd5c8c54882048b692d8cc43a74e163874/analysis/

Virus Total Download Official Website:https://www.virustotal.com/es/file/...716767923eec1c5d02dc986850e6d1d8f63/analysis/

Hello friends leave this link with the same version but is detected as virus 360TS 5.0.0.2055 :
Code:
https://mega.co.nz/#!AkAAFB6J!ZhdqFs36xkAo1J-dCfVIj_u3NbcOPZyfvgjb79a9hUw

Hello friends leave this link with the same version but is not detected as a virus360TS 5.0.0.2055 :
Code:
https://mega.co.nz/#!UkJ0RLzQ!RUEqNGxLnT9c8Wf_XhP1RARnJciEOW2wdJPEQlJIL3o

My question is as the same version is detected as viruses and other not, still the same?

Last edited:

TrojanSmart

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 25, 2014
False positive, update the version of 360Total Security!Report for BitDefender staff!

Reactions: Manzai

vindiesel

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Apr 15, 2013
2vajktl.png

Not only that BitDefender detects a virus.

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
If I recall correctly I think G-Data uses the bitdefender engine, so any false positive bitdender detects is also detected by it. I think Emsisoft also uses it.
And considering how the majority of the detection have the same name, then it's probably is the same engine being used. Though I'm not sure in that regard.

Reactions: kiric96

vindiesel

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Apr 15, 2013
Hello friend what I see odd is that the same version one is detected as viruses and other not, can it be that is a pirate version?

Last edited:

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
Hello friend what I see odd is that the same version one is detected as viruses and other not, can it be that there is a pirate version?

Most likely, since I have tested official version with ESET multiple times and it's clearly clean.

M

Manzai

If I recall correctly I think G-Data uses the bitdefender engine, so any false positive bitdender detects is also detected by it. I think Emsisoft also uses it.
And considering how the majority of the detection have the same name, then it's probably is the same engine being used. Though I'm not sure in that regard.

Gdata, Emsisoft, F-Secure, Ad-Aware and eScan use Bitdefender engine.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Firstly did you download 360TS from official website?

Secondly scanning one antivirus with another?

Edit: So it's not a false positive after all like other's stated. The user didn't download from the official website.

vindiesel

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Apr 15, 2013
Look at the File Details in the VT results, they're very different, so the non-official software could potentially be modified.

Why are you downloading software through non-official services. :rolleyes:
Hello friend, for a page to download it from a friend, but the truth is they do not know where the bag, but this is not the issue, the issue is that someone created an infected 360 Total Security 5.0.0.2055 setup that is detected as a virus.

Just mlo commented that I find very rare for people to watch.

Excuse my google translation to English translator.

vindiesel

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Apr 15, 2013
Hello friends I'm asking my friend where I get infected setup, if I say what I will discuss in this thread ok

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I think I understand what you're saying.

Downloading from unknown users or untrusted sites like Mega (including other File Sharing sites) impose a risk. I would always recommend using the developers or a trusted mirror to download any software.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Its hard to say cause first the name of exe is relatively different from the official website + let's say its an FP however its an obvious since this prevalence of file is high therefore it can be easily fix.

So be aware and not sure why been upload to file sharing when the official download is available already.

Adhit Prakosho

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
I think I understand what you're saying.

Downloading from unknown users or untrusted sites like Mega (including other File Sharing sites) impose a risk. I would always recommend using the developers or a trusted mirror to download any software.
I agree :)
RSM_1.png

Reactions: Manzai
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.