Not open for further replies.

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
You're on Windows 10 so IMHO Avira is obsolete as your combination of CFW and VS is powerful enough to catch almost anything and built-in Windows Defender is quite good AV so Avira is just a waste of resources.
Second thing are the on demand scanners - there are some really good ones available for free: Zemana Anti-Malware, Emsisoft Emergency Kit, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. HitmanPro is also a top notch but only scanning is free - removal of the threats needs at least trial license and after a trial period you'll need to buy a key to use it.
You're protected pretty well with CFW and VS but still backup is a must as there are no tools or suites which can guarantee you 100% security ;)

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Welcome, and make yourself at home,
Like so many have said, in a pinch software like Macrium can be a god send.
Thanks for sharing.
PS: I was born in Fla. But moved to Charlotte when I was 16 I call it home, nice to see another Carolinian here in MT ;)
I live in Missouri now with my wife, but the Carolinas are home.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Implement some type of system backup solution.
Consider an on demand scanner(s).
Thanks for sharing your config :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.