- Mar 25, 2021
Why I don't have the update at all?Norton Security 184.108.40.206 update is now available via LiveUpdate. As with our previous updates, this version is being released in a phased manner. This update is available in all supported languages. To download it, simply run LiveUpdate through Norton user interface.
This update is available for the following Norton products:
To verify you have the update for Norton Security, launch the Main User Interface, click on Help, and select About.
- New Norton 360
- Norton Antivirus Plus
- Norton Security
- Norton Internet Security
- Norton 360
- Norton Antivirus
- Norton Security Online
Below FAQs addresses some common questions:
1. What is the version number for this patch?
Norton Security 220.127.116.11
2. When will I receive the patch?
As is our standard practice, we are deploying the patch in a phased manner. We have released the patch to randomly selected customers, and will then monitor our telemetry, as well as this forum, for any problems or issues. Once we have confirmed the effectiveness of the patch, we will make it available to all customers. We will post an update on the Norton Community when we make the patch available to all customers.
3. How can I manually install these patches?
This patch is ONLY available via LiveUpdate, and is being released in a phased manner. You may need to run LiveUpdate and reboot a few times before your product is completely updated to the latest version.
4. What's new in Norton 18.104.22.168?
Smart Scan runs through multiple categories and performs the following scans:
- Smart Scan
Smart Scan helps user identify security, performance, and network issues, and provides solutions to keep your digital life secured. It performs a virus and malware scan on your device, network scan to detect network vulnerabilities, and advanced issues scans that detect privacy issues and performance issues of your computer. NortonLifeLock recommends that you run the Smart Scan immediately after you install Device Security.
- Virus and Malware scan: Scans the areas in your computer that are most vulnerable to threats and eliminates the threats
- Network scan:Scans for network vulnerabilities which include:
- Weak Wi-Fi password
- Weak Wi-Fi network encryption
- Unprotected Wi-Fi network
- Man-in-the-middle (MITM) attacks
- Advanced Issues scan:Scans for performance and privacy issues and notifies you with recommendations
- Performance issues:Helps boost the performance of your computer by detecting:
- Internet junk files
- Windows junk files
- Programs consuming significant CPU
- Programs consuming significant memory
- Startup programs
- Privacy issues:Helps protect your online privacy issues by detecting:
- Exposure of your geographic location
- Exposure of your IP address when connected to a public Wi-Fi or unprotected network
After Smart Scan completes each category of the scan, user can identify the security status based on the following:
- A green status indicates that your device and personal information are secure.
- An orange status indicates that there are some issues that require your attention.
- A red status indicates that there are some urgent issues against your protection that require immediate resolution.
- Not all issues can be addressed by Smart Scan. Some of the fixes may involve getting additional entitlements that are not part of your current subscription plan.
- The Smart Scan feature is currently available only in the U.S.
- The release of this feature is throttled.
Source: Norton Security 22.214.171.124 for Windows is now available!
Norton will continuously monitor and show appropriate alert as and when detected
- Performance Alerts:
Notifying the customers when there is a slowdown of PC's performance and Providing Options to Fix it.
- Network Alerts (Un-secure or Compromised Network / Location):
Warn the customer whenever they connect to a public WIFI or Vulnerable Network and Providing options to fix it
- Weak protocol selected when connecting to a network
- No passwords configured
- Weak Passwords configured
- Banking Protection Alerts:
This alert is displayed when there is a possible risk of personal information exposure while visiting banking websites
- Location Alerts:
This alert is displayed to inform customer when there is risk of geo location exposure.
- Smart Scan Alerts:
Highlights findings from the previous smart scan and enables customers to know more about the findings and view results of the scan.
- Bug fixes:
- Text overlap in Performance Alert notification - Thread
- Unable to change blockage time for IPS - Thread
- ‘Cannot connect to Norton Server’ error message when customer tries to sign in or activate Norton - Thread
- Repeated SafeCam alerts each time an application starts - Thread
- Backed up files don’t have green check marks - Thread
- Fix for issue wherein sometimes Norton UI fails to open with/without error.
- Other minor bug fixes
- Performance improvements