Petrovic

Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
We have completed testing our latest update of Norton Security, Norton Security with Backup, Norton Internet Security, Norton 360 and Norton Antivirus 22.5.4 and have released the update. As with our previous updates, this version is being released in a phased manner. This update is available for ENGLISH only. To download it, simply run LiveUpdate.

To verify you have the update, launch the Main User Interface, click on Help, and select About.

22.5.4.png

The FAQ's below answers some common questions:

1. What is the version number for this patch?

The version number is 22.5.4.24. This update is currently available via LiveUpdate only.

2. When will I receive the patch?

As is our standard practice, we are deploying the patch in a phased manner. We have released the patch to randomly selected customers, and will then monitor our telemetry, as well as this forum, for any problems or issues. Once we have confirmed the effectiveness of the patch, we will make it available to all customers. We will post an update on the Norton Community Forums when we make the patch available to all customers

3. How can I manually install these patches?

This patch is only available via LiveUpdate, and is being released in a phased manner.

4. I see the engine for this version on my system, but my product hasn't updated. What's wrong?

Nothing is wrong; that's how our updates are distributed for the phased approach. The update comes in two parts, and most people will get the engine. Both parts together will get your product updated.

5. What are the changes in this release?

Below are the changes and fixes in NS/NSBU 22.5.4.24:

* Fixes an issue where 'iTunes Hangs when trying to Eject'
* Fixes an issue where 'Display driver issues leading to 'product not starting’
* Fixes an issue where 'Nothing happens when I click on Scan'
* Several fixes for desktop flickering issues' and other problems with Win10 upgrades.
* Clean up left over items during a Windows 10 upgrade to prevent Live Update errors
* Fix for a crash in Hebrew specific layouts
* Fixes the alignment issue on clicking help in main UI
* Fixes an issue where 'Auto-Protect is Greyed out'
- and other fixes...

One other thing to note about this release...

- Check out the functionality of the “Help” option on the main UI. Instead of opening a drop down menu it now launches a help page with links to various areas for help.
Norton 22.5.4 Product Update available now

Faal

Oct 4, 2015
Hello
The difference between the "NS-ESD-22.5.4.24-EN.exe" and "NS-ESD-Def-22.5.4.24-EN.exe" What?
===> Def <===

Reactions: 8-Bit Ghetto
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.