Not open for further replies.

Huchim

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 17, 2015
Hi Everyone,

We have completed testing our latest update of Norton Security, Norton Security with Backup, Norton Internet Security, Norton 360 & Norton Antivirus 22.7.0.75 and have released the update. As with our previous updates, this version is being released in a phased manner. This update is available in all supported language. To download it, simply run LiveUpdate.

To verify you have the update, launch the Main User Interface, click on Help, and select About.

22.7.png
The FAQ's below answers some common questions:

1. What is the version number for this patch?

The version number is 22.7.0.75 This update is currently available via LiveUpdate only.

2. When will I receive the patch?

As is our standard practice, we are deploying the patch in a phased manner. We have released the patch to randomly selected customers, and will then monitor our telemetry, as well as this forum, for any problems or issues. Once we have confirmed the effectiveness of the patch, we will make it available to all customers. We will post an update on the Norton Community Forums when we make the patch available to all customers.

3. How can I manually install these patches?

This patch is only available via LiveUpdate, and is being released in a phased manner.

4. I see the engine for this version on my system, but my product hasn't updated. What's wrong?

Nothing is wrong; that's how our updates are distributed for the phased approach. The update comes in two parts, and most people will get the engine. Both parts together will get your product updated. You may need to run LiveUpdate and reboot a few times before your product is completely updated to the latest version.

5. What are the changes in this release?

Below are the changes and fixes in Norton Security, Norton Security with Back Up, Norton Internet Security, Norton 360, Norton Antivirus and Norton Security Suite 22.7.0:

What's New:

• Norton 22.7 is fully compatible with the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Edition (Redstone)(link is external).
  • The IPS (Intrusion Prevention System) included in Norton Security now detects attacks using https connections, and stops those attacks before they take up residence on the device.
  • Static Data Scanner (SDS): These user-mode modules enable an enhanced security model, improved protection efficacy and better resource management.
  • Embedded the ability to 'add a device' during installation.
  • The name “with Backup” has been removed from the UI in the “Norton Security with Backup“ clients. (Norton Security with Backup = Norton Security Premium)
Improvements:

• Significant performance improvements in Startup time, shutdown time on 'FastStartup' enabled PCs.
  • Notifications are now more consistent with regards to how the user can close, minimize etc.,.
  • Better rendering of the User Interface on high resolution displays and some of the graphics on the Main User interface.
  • Effective this release, Customers will be prompted with a Safe Search Nag Alert (Similar to Google Chrome) instead of a Popup. The IE extensions portal page (Below screenshot) will be opened after accepting the nag alert and the following Norton extensions can be downloaded from it:
  1. Norton Toolbar
  2. Norton Safe Search
  3. Norton Home Page
  4. Norton Identity Safe
Supported OS :- Win 7, 8,8.1, Win 10 and RedStone

IE.png
Bug Fixes:

• Fixed an issue where the performance feature health state goes into a red state after patching.
  • Fixed an issue where the Norton Toolbar disappears from Internet Explorer on certain websites.
  • Usability improvements to the Intrusion Prevention System (IPS).
  • and other minor/backend fixes.

D

Deleted member 2913

If you dont accept the nag alert I guess toolbar, etc is not installed, right? And hope we dont get the nag alert again?

And hope the above with Chrome too?

Reactions: Daniel Hidalgo

Shran

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 19, 2015
Updated, tested IPS against HTTPS eicar page & it didn't work (IPS blocks normal HTTP download of eicar).

Also, it now seems that realtime protection only removes/blocks files upon execution? Can someone else test this, maybe it's just me? If this is a new "feature" I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Reactions: Daniel Hidalgo
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.