Norton 360 - Light, powerful and easy to use

Product name
Norton 360 - 22.20.1.69
Installation (rating)
5.00 star(s)
User interface (rating)
4.00 star(s)
Accessibility notes
Friendly for home users, easy to use, but it's not top notch on design, it's the same UI with some changes since 2012. Now they get off Symantec they could redesign everything.
Performance (rating)
5.00 star(s)
Core Protection (rating)
5.00 star(s)
Proactive protection (rating)
5.00 star(s)
Additional Protection notes
Never got an head ache, equal to my parents. They added data protector shield (protected folder) to fill the gap since SONAR doesn't promp with ransomware like others BBs, I think they don't add the encryption files trigger to SONAR to avoid FPs.

I like the concept of SONAR being a cloud BB, is different from System Watcher that executes localy and can be a little heavy because of it. But because of it SONAR detection can be slow to prompt since it depends from your Internet.

Don't get me wrong, Norton blocks the unknown file or the software that are doing some malicious action, but SONAR or any notification only appears after checking in the cloud if they are right blocking.

Norton IPS and firewall is known to be one of the best. It's important to point that Norton doesn't break HTTPS connections, so browsing are light.

Nice thing: When you acces some malicious site, if you choose to continue anyway, Norton opens the web page on isolate mode in Norton servers, not on your PC.

It has a VPN and backup feature. I got a promo because I'm an old client: 250GB storage for a nice price.
Browser protection (rating)
5.00 star(s)
Positives
    • Many features
    • Low impact on system resources
    • Easy to use
    • Simple and non-intrusive
    • Strong and reliable protection
    • Consistently high test scores
    • Accurate results and reliable antivirus engine
    • Virus signatures are updated daily
    • Excellent scores in independent tests
    • Well designed, clear and easy to use interface
    • Multi-layer protection approach
Negatives
    • Advanced users may want more control
Time spent using product
Computer specs
Windows 10, 1909
Ryzen 2400G
12GB RAM 2400Mhz
RX 580
240GB SSD
500GB HDD
Recommended for
  1. All types of users
  2. Inexperienced users
Overall rating
5.00 star(s)

fabiobr

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
Norton 360 is perfect for the home users who want a complete automated suite, advanced users may miss advanced settings and an Application control module like Kaspersky.

I set SONAR to agressive mode, let heuristics at normal. Norton is one of the suites "install and forget". The only thing you should pay attention installing at the first time is setting up backup.

The new version the VPN interface is integrated to My Norton interface.

Sorry my bad english.
Norton-interface-MT.png

2020-03-17 (7).png

Norton-360-main-MT.png

Norton-settings.png

data-protector.png

insight.png
Norton-File-Insight (2).png

Norton-Tarefas em segundo plano (2).png
2020-03-09 (6).png
2020-03-09 (7).png
2020-03-11 (6).png

Attachments

• Norton-interface-MT.png
    Norton-interface-MT.png
    490.7 KB · Views: 820
  • Norton-Tarefas em segundo plano (2).png
    Norton-Tarefas em segundo plano (2).png
    1.1 MB · Views: 775
  • Meu-Norton.png
    Meu-Norton.png
    467.9 KB · Views: 764
Last edited:

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
Yeah, very good review. (y)

This review would be BVLon approved. :emoji_beer:

Some countries also get LifeLock. Not sure which ones.... US, maybe Canada, UK, Australia...? (Not sure)

1585264676336.png

1585264878259.png

1585265236071.png

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
@fabiobr A great review. I would just add that rather than using Revo, it's much better to use their own Norton Remove and Reinstall tool to ensure that all leftovers get removed. Although it's called "Remove and Reinstall," you can use it solely for removing leftovers, without reinstalling Norton again.
Uninstallers which scan for leftovers, don't do well for antiviruses, as there are sometimes for example, drivers that remain after the uninstall and tools like Revo won't find them in the scan for leftovers.

Last edited:

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Uninstallers which scan for leftovers, don't do well for antiviruses, as there are sometimes for example, drivers that remain after the uninstall and tools like Revo won't find then in the scan for leftovers.
That's why I have always restored a clean Windows image after trying a security product. I know it is much of a hassle but it is way way better than having an unstable system

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
I absolutely agree on that (y)but it seems that there is some trouble now with the licenses:

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Great review & thanks for the effort you put in - I mainly agree Norton is first class, I'm not sure if I would ever use it's VPN but that's always personal choice, Norton one of my favourite AV products for sure!

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Norton is very light and super fast. The only two things Norton is slow at is removing a malware and its Download insight feature. It's the slowest to remove a malware and after downloading a file or opening a folder with exe files, Norton's download insight is quite slow to analyze it. But none of this is really any issue because one would rarely require Norton to remove a malware, one doesn't download new apps everyday on their PC, download insight for a particular file is a one time thing only.
I hope this didn't sound like a negative comment about the product. Norton is a great product and this is a great review but I thought I should add this in order to complete the review (y)

Last edited:

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
As far as cons go,support is poor(want you to sign up for paid support)Server seems unstable at times,lots of sign in,web protection did not let me make exception to a site,I like others do that block problem can can still see the movies(movies123)

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Have you ever tried ti uninstall Eset?,Seem like to remove, can only be done in safe mode

I used to have this problem with former versions of ESET. It even disabled networking completely sometimes forcing a repair of the TCP stack. Version 13 seems to be much cleaner when uninstalling.

Norton has an excellent offer in my country right now but I already have licenses for 3 products and don't need a 4th one... if they still have a good offer next year I may consider them :)

Last edited:

bjm_

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
Just a quick question as I haven't used Norton for a long time. Does the current version still install multiple browser extensions?
Same as long time re Norton for PC. Norton program install - installs Norton browser add-ons in legacy Internet Explorer.
For modern supported browser. Norton browser extensions are installed from browser web store.
Before 22.19. Norton prompted (read much annoyed) user to install Norton extensions.
Since 22.19. Norton includes “Don’t remind me again” option to snooze the UI alert permanently until uninstall/reinstall - this fixes the issue from past versions, where we used to put the product back in red state by default after 7 days.
https://community.norton.com/en/blogs/product-update-announcements/norton-security-2219963-windows-now-available
current Norton 360 v22.20.2.57

Last edited:

bjm_

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
The three plug-ins it required to install on every browser have always been one of the reasons I never returned to Norton products. If it works correctly without them then I'll certainly consider it next year.
Well, I run Chrome, Firefox and new Edge with Norton Safe Web extension installed - enabled. I've not tested with no extensions installed or with Safe Web disabled....long time. Sorry.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.