Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
RE: What bloated suite

Don't waste time or money on BLOATED suites with extra crap that can clean your PC, or provide backup plans that require a subscription.

Don't be a fool for these types of (partial) scams.

:-/

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
My point still stands, no one uses all the features of these software. Just because you won it in a giveaway doesn't mean you need to know what's better. :huh:

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
I was in same dilemma some time ago but now I think every product as pros and cons.No other can tell you which will be suitable for your need and machine.

Some Av runs smooth on one and ruin other machine,the main criteria is how good your hardware is.

Earth have given you good advice but still if you want to know then give them try from my point of view

BD:Lighter good detection but problem of bd and heavier than other two
Norton:Good overall in protection and very light
Kp;Better then two in protection but a bit heavier then norton

Thanks

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
As Earth and Stranger said it depends on your need and hardware. From my perspective:
Bitdefender: very good detection rate, feels little heavy, slow scan speed, threat removal takes ages
Norton: very light on system, good detetction rate (nowadays it is following motto of Comodo prevention is better than cure)
Kaspersky: very good detection rate, feels really heavy on system resources

superboy123

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
May 1, 2012
Stranger said:
I was in same dilemma some time ago but now I think every product as pros and cons.No other can tell you which will be suitable for your need and machine.

Some Av runs smooth on one and ruin other machine,the main criteria is how good your hardware is.

Earth have given you good advice but still if you want to know then give them try from my point of view

BD:Lighter good detection but problem of bd and heavier than other two
Norton:Good overall in protection and very light
Kp;Better then two in protection but a bit heavier then norton

Thanks

Thanks strange for good information...now i choose norton 360 for my antivirus....and thanks all my friend for reply it....thanks very much

mercurial

Level 6
Oct 3, 2012
Kaspersky for Protection but a hog on resources, bitdefender is like a middle man here and norton if you wanna keep things light and secure. Though i am not saying one is better then the other it's just the matter of one is better then the other in certain features.

My advice try all try out (trial) and see which one suits your needs best :)

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011
they are all resource hog atleast for me i won't compromise my performance for this and yes i've used kis 2013 i have an amd phenom II 945 3.0ghz which is not new but i've noticed that avast,comodo, eset are better and do the job ;) rest is in your hand mate!

superboy123

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
May 1, 2012
mercurial said:
Kaspersky for Protection but a hog on resources, bitdefender is like a middle man here and norton if you wanna keep things light and secure. Though i am not saying one is better then the other it's just the matter of one is better then the other in certain features.

Bts 2013 i was try 3 month and have many problem....slowly scan but good protection
Kaspersky pure: i does not try it yet...
Norton 360: i using it now and i think this is my choice...does not slowly my pc...easy to understand it setting....good firewall....good protection....maybe when i have free time i can review it...

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
You are lucky to have license of 3 great product no matter what people say that they are bloatware but now in 2012 where you find most pc with good hardware they can easily able to tackle these products.
Good choice and best of luck :)

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011
Just came back from a house call in the early morning. One of the PC get killed from using Bitdefender. Thanks to Bitdefender for making me $100 richer. ;)

@superboy123

Norton360 is a very good choice.

D

Deleted member 178

bitbizket said:
Just came back from a house call in the early morning. One of the PC get killed from using Bitdefender. Thanks to Bitdefender for making me $100 richer. ;)

:lolz: what happened exactly?

mercurial

Level 6
Oct 3, 2012
superboy123 said:
mercurial said:

Bts 2013 i was try 3 month and have many problem....slowly scan but good protection
Kaspersky pure: i does not try it yet... (
Norton 360: i using it now and i think this is my choice...does not slowly my pc...easy to understand it setting....good firewall....good protection....maybe when i have free time i can review it...

Ya i hate that aspect of kaspersky & bitdefender they both hog a lot of resource. N360 is a good choice it's secure easy and it's lighter compared to Kaspersky or Bitdefender (used all the 3)

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
bitbizket said:
His XP's NTLDR is missing after running a virus scans. This often happens to XP. :)
I also face this problem many time during xp installation:(
but i m never try BD but it is a kaspersky when i face this problem first time.
now i know its a kaspersky magic.
Thanx for share.

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011
Stranger said:
You are lucky to have license of 3 great product no matter what people say that they are bloatware but now in 2012 where you find most pc with good hardware they can easily able to tackle these products.
i have a quadcore pc but i will never sacrifice my resource for a bloatware antivirus or suite remember no matter how fast your cpu is you will always notice it when you put a software which uses many resources! either by the boot time or the small seconds your software reacts!i have a quad core pc with 4gb ram but with bit defender it made my boot slower but once i booted there it was light i'm talking about the 2013 version!nowadays there are so many lightweight suite like nis avast,cis,eset ;)

superboy123

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
May 1, 2012
Stranger said:

I was winner bitdefender total security 2013 and norton 360 for 1 year from giveaway....so,i save my money from buy expensive price.....norton i was winner 1 serial for 3 pc....so i can give it for my sister and brother....

KLMALWAREHUNTER

Level 3
Oct 20, 2012
Well, in a short time can get Kaspersky Pure 3.0 that is in beta test now.

So recomend pure. But if you dont go to use the extra features is best an advanced suite how KIS.

Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.