Advice Request Norton cannot connect to server - can anyone solve this problem?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Islam Gamal

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2018
i installed norton today but while activating it , a problem occuered. the problem in the screenshot.
i tried some solutions (uninstall and reinstall- changing the default browser)
i am sorry for my english.

Attachments

• Screenshot (20).png
    Screenshot (20).png
    905.4 KB · Views: 395
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

i installed norton today but while activating it , a problem occuered. the problem in the screenshot.
i tried some solutions (uninstall and reinstall- changing the default browser)
i am sorry for my english.

This is a troublesome, long term problem with Norton. It dates back at least 5 years with zero fixes from them. I had support on for one hour to fix it and failed, then escalated it to tier 2 who spent 1.5 hours trying to fix it. I even re-created a new profile and showed them the problem still happened. The sad part is - they don't know what causes it. Sometimes they say it's a DNS issue. Sometimes they say IE has to be removed and reinstalled. Sometimes they reset network settings or disable network drivers, reboot, re-enable drivers.

It's a stupid problem that makes me absolutely detest the bugs in the consumer version of Norton, and why I think SEPC is better (which doesn't have this bug, among others)

Islam Gamal

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2018
This is a troublesome, long term problem with Norton. It dates back at least 5 years with zero fixes from them. I had support on for one hour to fix it and failed, then escalated it to tier 2 who spent 1.5 hours trying to fix it. I even re-created a new profile and showed them the problem still happened. The sad part is - they don't know what causes it. Sometimes they say it's a DNS issue. Sometimes they say IE has to be removed and reinstalled. Sometimes they reset network settings or disable network drivers, reboot, re-enable drivers.

It's a stupid problem that makes me absolutely detest the bugs in the consumer version of Norton, and why I think SEPC is better (which doesn't have this bug, among others)
thanks man for the explanation. i hate that.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

BTW, after 3 hours they fixed my issue with it, this was a year or two ago... They did so much to try and fix it they don't even know what fixed it. After they were done I wiped the machine to remove their remote access crap and undo their changes, and the problem came back on the fresh format so I requested a refund, got it, and moved on from Norton for good.

Sorry it's not a happy ending for you. :(

Islam Gamal

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2018
BTW, after 3 hours they fixed my issue with it, this was a year or two ago... They did so much to try and fix it they don't even know what fixed it. After they were done I wiped the machine to remove their remote access crap and undo their changes, and the problem came back on the fresh format so I requested a refund, got it, and moved on from Norton for good.

Sorry it's not a happy ending for you. :(
i appreciate your help. thanks bro.
i will use another product.

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Mind answering this questions?
  • Do you have your timezone and hour/date set correctly?
  • Which version and build of Windows 10 are you using?
  • All patches up to date?
  • Default DNS?
  • No VPN or proxy enabled?
  • Windows Firewall or 3rd party?
  • Windows arquitecture? Downloaded for the correct arquitecture?
  1. Disable Zemana Anti Logger and MalwareBytes real-time protection if enabled
  2. Disable Windscribe VPN if active
  3. Reset DNS to default

Islam Gamal

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2018
Mind answering this questions?
  • Do you have your timezone and hour/date set correctly?
  • Which version and build of Windows 10 are you using?
  • All patches up to date?
  • Default DNS?
  • No VPN or proxy enabled?
  • Windows Firewall or 3rd party?
  • Windows arquitecture? Downloaded for the correct arquitecture?

1. Disable Zemana Anti Logger and MalwareBytes real-time protection if enabled
  2. Disable Windscribe VPN if active
  3. Reset DNS to default
1- yes
2-the latest version
3-yes
4-yes
5-yes
6-windows firewall
7-i am sorry. i cannot understand it
thanks, i appreciate your effort but the support cannot solve the problem.

Reactions: JB007

Islam Gamal

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2018
OS architecture is either 32-bit or 64-bit.

Could have been something blocking the connection, as some Windows 10 Anti-Spy tools or VPNs may conflict with Norton. Have you uninstalled Norton Security?
yes, i uninstalled it. i appreciate your help.:giggle::giggle:

Reactions: stefanos

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Solution not found.

Thread Closed due to OP uninstalling Norton Security before a solution was found.

Reactions: catjc and upnorth
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.