Norton Core - Secure Router for IoT - is now Available for Pre-Order!

Will you buy the Norton Core router? ($279.99)

• Yes

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • I might

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 58.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Norton Core is a secure Wi-Fi router that protects your digital life while delivering the highest level of speed and performance. Norton Core leverages the Symantec global intelligence network and advanced machine learning to defend your home Wi-Fi network—and every device connected to it—against malware, viruses, hackers and other “Internet of Things” security threats.

Hi,

We are truly breaking new ground with our first foray into the world of consumer hardware. We are very excited to announce the launch of Norton Core - a standalone, secure WiFi router that protects a connected home network, while delivering the highest level of performance. Pre-order for Norton Core has already begun.

How do I purchase Norton Core?
You can purchase from the Norton Online Store or you can directly contact Norton Support to place your pre-order.

What are the countries Norton Core is available in?
Norton Core is currently available in the US only. Dates of availability in other countries will be announced.

What languages will be available for Norton Core?
Norton Core at launch will support US English.

For more information on Norton Core, please visit Norton Support page. Also, visit Norton Core - Pre–order and Shipping FAQ page to read through the FAQs. Please feel free to post your queries in the Norton Core forum board.

Thanks,
Gayathri

Source: Norton Core is now Available for Pre-Order!

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Yes, I want it.
It is a little steep for my taste, but quality solutions are often not cheap.
Remember, in this day and age, you get what you pay for cheaper is not always better.
Awesome Share MT Bot :p

EDIT: Done, and it is only 199.99 w/free shipping right now.
I got the Granite Grey, I think the Gold looks too pretentious.
Also note worthy: In my E-receipt I got via Email, I got a 1yr subscription to Norton Security
my brother in-law loves Norton products so it looks like a late Xmas gift for him lol

Attachments

• N-Core2.png
    N-Core2.png
    12.2 KB · Views: 394
Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
So am I supposed to connect this Norton Core to my main router?

And am I supposed to surf the net using my PC/laptop through Norton Core? Or only connect my IoT devices to the Norton Core only and surf the net from my existing main router?

Its similar to BullGuard's Dojo, BitDefender Box and Trend Micro Home Network Security, right? Any other similar devices out there?

Any comparison review out there on such devices?

Thanks

Last edited:

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
So am I supposed to connect this Norton Core to my main router?

And am I supposed to surf the net using my PC/laptop through Norton Core? Or only connect my IoT devices to the Norton Core only and surf the net from my existing main router?

Its similar to BullGuard's Dojo, right? Any other similar devices out there?

Thanks
It supports Wired & Wireless, I plan to trash my old router it's a Belkin: AC1600 Wi-Fi Dual-Band AC+ Gigabit Router
I would run it as your default router, I plan to (jmho)

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
It supports Wired & Wireless, I plan to trash my old router it's a Belkin: AC1600 Wi-Fi Dual-Band AC+ Gigabit Router
I would run it as your default router, I plan to (jmho)
But Norton (Bullguard, BitDefender and Trend Micro too) is not a router-making company. So how good can their router be in terms of features and performance as compared to ASUS, Netgear, Linksys etc?

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
But Norton (Bullguard, BitDefender and Trend Micro too) is not a router-making company. So how good can their router be in terms of features and performance as compared to ASUS, Netgear, Linksys etc?
Well, it's all in the approach.
This is quoted from the site:
QUOTE:
We set out to change WiFi forever. Our uncompromising vision: a wireless router that secures your digital life, while delivering the highest level of performance. The result is Norton Core. Core uses advanced machine learning and Symantec’s global intelligence network to defend your home WiFi—and every device connected to it—against malware, viruses, hackers and much more.
Powerful, secure WiFi is now a thing. END QUOTE
They are employing a unique approach Harbor, I know of no other router that incorporates Machine Learning & It's own Global Intelligence Network.
I think those two not only set it apart but give it an edge over the competitors ;)
Try reading up on it here: Norton Core Router | Introducing the Future of WiFi.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Well, it's all in the approach.
This is quoted from the site:
QUOTE:
We set out to change WiFi forever. Our uncompromising vision: a wireless router that secures your digital life, while delivering the highest level of performance. The result is Norton Core. Core uses advanced machine learning and Symantec’s global intelligence network to defend your home WiFi—and every device connected to it—against malware, viruses, hackers and much more.
Powerful, secure WiFi is now a thing. END QUOTE
They are employing a unique approach Harbor, I know of no other router that incorporates Machine Learning & It's own Global Intelligence Network.
I think those two not only set it apart but give it an edge over the competitors ;)
Try reading up on it here: Norton Core Router | Introducing the Future of WiFi.
Their router's output is only at 2500 Mbps still way below some top routers' 5300Mbps like mine from ASUS. If I'm not wrong it comes with a paid subscription of Norton's products

The Norton Core is a crazy-looking, ultra-secure router

How do you fix the Internet of Things? A better router

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
If I'm not wrong it comes with a paid subscription of Norton's products
It does, if you read my post above I mention that it came with a year subscription to Norton Security.
It was in my Email receipt.
The IoT security is what sets this as a good thing for me, I am looking at it in terms of security and not other
platforms of performance. other routers may out perform this one, but it stands in a class of it's own from a
security standpoint thats what is important to "me", with the wife wanting internet enabled devices like smart lights ect,
this will allow me to placate her and feel better about it, as well as better protecting my 3 girls online.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Your router seems like a really good one. Don't trash it, use it as an access point at another part of the house.
That thing is a good but frustrating Router.
I know our local library has a stone age router, so I may
donate it to them, they have old speakers, keyboards and a few
other things I donated so I may add that to their collection SHvFI.
PeAcE

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
That thing is a good but frustrating Router.
I know our local library has a stone age router, so I may
donate it to them, they have old speakers, keyboards and a few
other things I donated so I may add that to their collection SHvFI.
PeAcE
That's nice of you. This things usually have terrible budget.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Read more: Stylish Norton Core Router Secures Your Network, IoT Devices

"A unique offering with the Core is deep packet inspection. "Every network packet incoming and outgoing across the home network is scanned for malware, viruses, spam, intrusions and much more," Norton said in a press release. "If a connected device is detected with known vulnerabilities or threats, Norton Core can immediately quarantine the device to a segregated network and send an alert to the user."

The Core will also feature automatic updating, meaning you'll always have the latest and most secure software onboard."

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.