Battle Norton DNS vs Comodo DNS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
Tested both but i prefer Norton, was the only one i saw blocking something during my browsing :D

Never know you visit the sites which are blocked by norton dns :D
Norton dns famous for blocking some special sites.

Unknown:Both are good,other option are open dns and google public dns.

Secure:Norton
Fast:Open dns

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
Tested both but i prefer Norton, was the only one i saw blocking something during my browsing :D

i just now joined Norton DNS but it saying that you are not connected to Norton DNS it is saying that to restart after restart will it be ok

Reactions: Logethica

Coffeeman

Level 3
Verified
Nov 24, 2012
I never used Norton's secure DNS just OpenDNS for some time and then ComodoDNS. It happened that Comodo sometimes would slowdown my internet browsing speed, but other than that I have had no problem with Comodo.

P

Plexx

It will depend on your geographical location and your security components. If you are on ESET/Trend/Kaspersky etc ( no name a few that contain web protection ), a dedicated DNS server as opposed to your ISP DNS server is rather obsolete as you will need to also deal with latency etc.

I am sure HeffeD and Earth have provided somewhere in this forum a decent explanation about it (cant seem to find it tho). Have a search.

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
He is in India so norton DNS will be good. It has better speeds than comodo. Secondly I have had some name resolution errors with comodo. So its norton all the way.
Yeah.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
malbky said:
He is in India so norton DNS will be good. It has better speeds than comodo. Secondly I have had some name resolution errors with comodo. So its norton all the way.
Yeah.

mabky why do you tell the country i had made it private

Reactions: Logethica

Payback

Verified
Jan 7, 2013
Unknown said:
malbky said:
Yeah.

mabky why do you tell the country i had made it private

We all can see your country with different Layout....also...I can see your country with my current layout...(forgot the name -.- forgetful me)

On-topic : Comodo DNS,in my opinion.

lordman

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 18, 2013
Hello at all. :) This is my first message on this board.

Today, whats dns is more recomended?

I have been using OpenDNS for a year and now i am testing norton dns.

which is the best option with malware protection? I dont need filter content.

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
My vote goes to other: OpenDNS.
I have necer seen Norton ConnectSafe blocking anything except some images on 100% secure webstes.
I have also never experienced any action from Comodo Secure DNS.
OpenDNS saved my back once till now so I'll let it work ;)

lordman

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 18, 2013
pablozi said:
My vote goes to other: OpenDNS.
I have necer seen Norton ConnectSafe blocking anything except some images on 100% secure webstes.
I have also never experienced any action from Comodo Secure DNS.
OpenDNS saved my back once till now so I'll let it work ;)

I have been using OpenDNS for one year, but i have been reading some webs and it seems that OpenDNS havent got any malware protection and Norton/Comodo DNS have a lot of malware protection.

On one year using OpenDNS my navigation was fast and i dont have any problem.

I have a lot of doubts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.