Norton Connect Safe vs Comodo DNS

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Tested both but i prefer Norton, was the only one i saw blocking something during my browsing :D

Spirit

Umbra Corp. said:
Tested both but i prefer Norton, was the only one i saw blocking something during my browsing :D
Never know you visit the sites which are blocked by norton dns :D
Norton dns famous for blocking some special sites.

Unknown:Both are good,other option are open dns and google public dns.

Secure:Norton
Fast:Open dns

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Umbra Corp. said:
i just now joined Norton DNS but it saying that you are not connected to Norton DNS it is saying that to restart after restart will it be ok

Reactions: Logethica

Coffeeman

Level 2
Verified
I never used Norton's secure DNS just OpenDNS for some time and then ComodoDNS. It happened that Comodo sometimes would slowdown my internet browsing speed, but other than that I have had no problem with Comodo.

P

Plexx

It will depend on your geographical location and your security components. If you are on ESET/Trend/Kaspersky etc ( no name a few that contain web protection ), a dedicated DNS server as opposed to your ISP DNS server is rather obsolete as you will need to also deal with latency etc.

I am sure HeffeD and Earth have provided somewhere in this forum a decent explanation about it (cant seem to find it tho). Have a search.

malbky

He is in India so norton DNS will be good. It has better speeds than comodo. Secondly I have had some name resolution errors with comodo. So its norton all the way.
Yeah.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
malbky said:
He is in India so norton DNS will be good. It has better speeds than comodo. Secondly I have had some name resolution errors with comodo. So its norton all the way.
Yeah.
mabky why do you tell the country i had made it private

Reactions: Logethica

rebel4life

Level 9
Verified
i did a test and the best DNS was OpenDNS-2 which is about 100 miles from me but i do use norton as a backup

arknoah

i've tried both of them, and i find norton dns better.

and somehow, comodo dns slowing down my connection.

Payback

Unknown said:
malbky said:
Yeah.
mabky why do you tell the country i had made it private
We all can see your country with different Layout....also...I can see your country with my current layout...(forgot the name -.- forgetful me)

On-topic : Comodo DNS,in my opinion.

lordman

Level 6
Hello at all. :) This is my first message on this board.

Today, whats dns is more recomended?

I have been using OpenDNS for a year and now i am testing norton dns.

which is the best option with malware protection? I dont need filter content.

rebel4life

Level 9
Verified
i use the one nearest to me which is about 150 miles away i think its fast and secure
DNSResolvers CA-2 and then OpenDNS-2

pablozi

Level 22
Trusted
Verified
My vote goes to other: OpenDNS.
I have necer seen Norton ConnectSafe blocking anything except some images on 100% secure webstes.
I have also never experienced any action from Comodo Secure DNS.
OpenDNS saved my back once till now so I'll let it work ;)

lordman

Level 6
pablozi said:
My vote goes to other: OpenDNS.
I have necer seen Norton ConnectSafe blocking anything except some images on 100% secure webstes.
I have also never experienced any action from Comodo Secure DNS.
OpenDNS saved my back once till now so I'll let it work ;)
I have been using OpenDNS for one year, but i have been reading some webs and it seems that OpenDNS havent got any malware protection and Norton/Comodo DNS have a lot of malware protection.

On one year using OpenDNS my navigation was fast and i dont have any problem.

I have a lot of doubts.

Status
Not open for further replies.