Advice Request Norton Family Plus installed. Should I also buy HitmanPro.Alert?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brod2

Thread author
Oct 4, 2017
I have Norton Family Plus, the free version SuperAntiSpyware and Ihave been using HitmanPro on a free trial but it will run out soon. I am thinking of buying HitmanPro.Alert, should I do this or not? What are the pros and cons?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: bribon77

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
HitmanPro Alert is able to detect and neutralize almost all of the new malware, banking trojan or ransomware. The program indeed, is able to determine when key features of the operating system are required or modified by third party programs, especially if they are not reliable.

If I well remember HPA uses the hardware registers (MSR) made available in Intel CPU (Core i3, i5 and i7 processors from the second generation and beyond) in order to perform Control Flow Integrity (CFI) analysis, supported in hardware.
The CFI analysis allows you to prevent operations that are not foreseen in the original application and lock the ROP (Return-oriented programming) attacks.
Such attacks generally take advantage of portions of legitimate code, already present on the system, to perform malicious actions.

It is a great piece of software according to my POV :)

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

HitmanPro Alert is able to detect and neutralize almost all of the new malware, banking trojan or ransomware. The program indeed, is able to determine when key features of the operating system are required or modified by third party programs, especially if they are not reliable.

If I well remember HPA uses the hardware registers (MSR) made available in Intel CPU (Core i3, i5 and i7 processors from the second generation and beyond) in order to perform Control Flow Integrity (CFI) analysis, supported in hardware.
The CFI analysis allows you to prevent operations that are not foreseen in the original application and lock the ROP (Return-oriented programming) attacks.
Such attacks generally take advantage of portions of legitimate code, already present on the system, to perform malicious actions.

It is a great piece of software according to my POV :)

Dang, you got me convinced too!

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
Alternately, you could contact Norton and upgrade to Norton Security Premium which contains all the family features you now have and adds malware protection.

Transhumana

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
HitmanPro.Alert is a great piece of anti-exploit software and if it works with other security software that you use and if your budget allows you, I'd go for it.
I also like that you can check if all components work correctly on your PC by running the test tool which is, I believe, still available for download on their website. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.