App Review Norton Internet Security 2012 Beta Test And Review by MrXidus

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well a runtime of 1:45 you will see in a quick results on how NIS did it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Lol, everything is dumb according to you.

Beta or not, people are going to test it.

How he presented the video was really cool. :D

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Symantec doesn't request to be reviewed by YouTube members. Maybe closer to the final release it makes sense.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
stormgtr said:
Lol, everything is dumb according to you.

Beta or not, people are going to test it.

How he presented the video was really cool. :D

Took the words right out of my mouth, Thank you.

MrXidus

Apr 17, 2011
Dieselman said:
It is dumb to test a beta product which has so many issues such as the data base not updating.

The update in NIS 2012 updated fine for me when I performed the test.

so many issues

What other issues did you have?

G

Guest28

Well if MrXidus did not have any problems in his review..... or updating NIS 2012 beat got a fair shot and it did good.

MrXidus Thank-you for you're review.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Here you go. 9 issues that Symnatec is aware of. Never mind other issue. Maybe when its closer to the finial release its worth testing but right now its meaningless.

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/Known-Issues-for-build-19-0-0-43-Updated-April-14th-2011/td-p/433002

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
It's just a video to get a look at the product and how it behaves. Yes it's meaningless. Most videos on youtube are.

MrXidus

Apr 17, 2011
Dieselman said:
Here you go. 9 issues that Symnatec is aware of. Never mind other issue. Maybe when its closer to the finial release its worth testing but right now its meaningless.

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/Known-Issues-for-build-19-0-0-43-Updated-April-14th-2011/td-p/433002

Ok thank you for the link, Of course Dieselman I will futher test NIS 2012 in the future and when final releases no problem at all.

The purpose of my tests is to see if the product can prevent system infection and NIS 2012 beta did exactly that and is all that matters when my camtasia recorder is running.

ryan said:
Well if MrXidus did not have any problems in his review..... or updating NIS 2012 beat got a fair shot and it did good.

MrXidus Thank-you for you're review.

Yep thanks.

Tomo172 said:
It's just a video to get a look at the product and how it behaves. Yes it's meaningless. Most videos on youtube are.

The meaning of my video is test the products prevention against the 20 malicious links thrown at it.

My video is not meaningless is which I hope you weren't implying.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
I did not say when its finial. I said when its close to final and most of the bugs are worked out. Symantec usually releases there new versions are September. So maybe in late July or early August it makes more sense.

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
The meaning of my video is test the products prevention against the 20 malicious links thrown at it.

Apologies. To make myself clearer. The results of your video can't be taken to heart for the reasons stated. That is what I meant by meaningless.

MrXidus

Apr 17, 2011
Tomo172 said:

Apologies. To make myself clearer. The results of your video can't be taken to heart for the reasons stated. That is what I meant by meaningless.

I'm doing the most simple method of testing and straight up directly testing malware .exe's against the product. I'm not doing more in-depth product overviews or going into more complicated options with the product to which is why my videos are straight to the point and are short in production time.

What to you would make a test video of a certain AV software meaningful?

MrXidus

Apr 17, 2011
Dieselman said:
More meaningful if you actually spoke to your audience.

That's weak. What is there to speak about? The title of the video tells the user what product I'm testing and the recording I do is like I already said, Straight to the main point, testing the product against malicious links and executables. I do not wish to make long videos nor bore anyone with my voice, I have a unique style of how I do things on my channel and that is quick videos, quick to the point.

I like to do things differently Dieselman no one on the tube makes AV videos as quick as I do and there usually long and waste users time.
Dead links for example, I pre-gather and make sure I get all working links, I edit and cut out useless parts of my recording to which the viewer doesn't need to view.

I've always used music in all my videos, Its just what I do, its me and if don't exactly like that then sorry nothing I will do to change that.

I didn't want to be just another languy. I want and did give viewers a different style of videos completely. Its just what I have been doing since 2008 and very little have complained to me.

Also thank you Ryan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.