Nathan Wootton

Level 1
Thread author
May 25, 2011
So i was browsing the Symantec forums and discovered this

4gtfrb.png

And i was very disappointed with There answer
23h8th3.png

Apparently, the System Mechanic version in topic was about the 'Standard' edition which does not have any sorts of security tools which might potentially lead to conflicts with Norton Internet Security 2012. Further he mentioned that Symantec already offers a similar product to what System Mechanic does (Norton Utilities), so it may cause conflict in the system (I'm not sure how, as no reasons were provided by Symantec) and therefore not supported.

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
Norton Internet Security does contain a Disk Optimization feature which may be interfering with System Mechanic, or vice versa.

Could you provide a link to the thread please?

Nathan Wootton

Level 1
Thread author
May 25, 2011
its somewhere on here i cannot find he exact page nomore i left my computing idling wich did a privacy sweep DOOH!

http://community.norton.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=+System+Mechanic

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
It could be a boot driver conflict, so I wouldn't have them both installed choose one or the other.

If you want to keep NIS because you still have valid license, there are many other system maintenance utilities that should work with NIS.

Many of them are freeware and work just as well as many paid software.

Thanks.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.