Norton Mobile Security 3.15 for Android now available!

Have you tried Norton Mobile Security for Android?

• Yes, it's my antivirus

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Yes, but I have uninstalled it

• No, but I have tried other antivirus products

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • No, I don't use an antivirus on my phone

• I'm not using an Android phone

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Norton Mobile Security 3.15 for Android now available!

Hi Everyone,

An update for Norton Mobile Security 3.15 for Android is now available on the Google Play!

The FAQ below addresses some common questions:

1. What is the version number for this patch?

The version number is 3.15.0.3134 for Android.

2. How can I receive this update?

We are deploying the update in a phased manner. We have released the patch to randomly selected customers, and will then monitor our telemetry, as well as this forum, for any problems or issues. Once we have confirmed the effectiveness of the patch, we will make it available to all customers.

Later, You can receive the update through Auto Update or by visiting the Google Play(link is external). Go to Settings -> About to verify if you have received the update.

For users who do not have access to Google Play, please refer to the following KB I cannot find Norton Mobile Security on Google Play Store or Google Play Store is inaccessible on my device to install Norton Mobile Security.

3. What are the languages this update is available for?

All supported languages

4. What are the changes in this release?

• Added Safe Search feature to provide customers with a proactive protection while browsing the internet

• Security Lock/Device Admin feature is now required for the Anti-Theft feature.

• Change in Anti-Theft setup in order to accommodate Android 6.x where it allows customers pick and choose what permissions to allow an app to use. Anti-Theft now requests different permissions for each feature. (NMS Web Portal will also inform customers that they need to turn on permissions for a specific feature if the permission is turned off.)

• Removed Android 2.3 and 3.x support. NMS will now require Android 4.0.3 and above. (Existing customers using a version less than Android 4.0.3 can use the following KB to install the last supported NMS version on their device:I cannot install Norton Mobile Security on my device with Android OS 4.0.2 or earlier)

• Other backend fixes.

5. Where can I post my queries?

Visit our Norton Mobile Security forum to post your queries.

Source: Norton Mobile Security 3.15 for Android now available!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.