Norton Mobile Security 4.4.1 for Android is now available!

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Norton Mobile Security 4.4.1 is now available for Android customers.

To receive the update, simply visit Norton Mobile Security for Android.

Note: This is a phased release.

The FAQ below tries to answer some common questions:

1. What is the version number of this build?

* Norton Mobile Security 4.4.1.4311

2. What's new in this build?

• A prompt is displayed to the user to whitelist Norton Mobile Security from background activity restriction and battery optimization, during onboarding or when enabling Norton Security Service, for Anti-Malware, App Advisor or Web Protection, from in-app.
  • Background_activity_Prompt.png
  • Battery_Optimization_Prompt.png
  • Changes_applied.png
  • A prompt is displayed to the user to review their existing subscriptions before they opt to proceed further with a purchase, during 'Retrieve Purchase' or 'Renewal'.
  • Retrieve%20Purchase.jpeg
  • Renewal.jpeg
  • Scan animation notification has been enhanced.
  • Icon assets have been enhanced.
  • Minor text changes have been made in-app and in My Norton dashboard.
  • Other under-the-hood changes, bug fixes and performance improvements

3. Where can I post my queries?

Visit Norton Mobile Security Support Forum to post your queries. Also, visit Norton Mobile KB site to view the Top Solutions for this product.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Questions

1) Does it auto scan an app on download?
2) Does it auto scan an app upon install?
3) Does it auto scan app only those from Google Play Store and not from other play stores?

I tried Norton recently but it is not beeping so not sure what does it do. Did not try 3) since none of my apps is from Google Play Store

Last edited:

dash

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 15, 2018
Questions

3) Does it auto scan app only those from Google Play Store and not from other play stores?

I tried Norton recently but it is not beeping so not sure what does it do. Did not try 3) since none of my apps is from Google Play Store
1) It scans right when you look at an app page on the Play Store (so you know if it's safe to click the Download button).
2) Unknown at this time, I'll test it though.
3) I don't install apps from "other sources" so I don't know if I can answer this definitively or not.

I just installed a whole host of Norton apps (9 in total), I'll get back to you after I've had a chance to use/test them.

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Questions

1. Aforementioned, it gives the reputation of a Play Store app right before install. Anyways, once downloaded, it scans the file.
2. Yes, even if it fails with the reputation system, it scans upon install (on any source).
3. If you mean the reputation system given before installing the app, it only works with Play Store. But it scans upon install, download, and offers real time protection.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.