Norton Mobile Security 4.5 for Android is now available!

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
We are happy to announce the release of Norton Mobile Security 4.5 for Android customers.

To receive the update, simply visit Norton Mobile Security for Android

Note: This is a phased release.

The FAQ below might answer some common questions:

1. What is the version number of this build?

Norton Mobile Security 4.5.0.4348

2. What's new in this build?

• “Evil Twin” (i.e., Wi-Fi Pineapple) network detection added to Wi-Fi Security feature
    evil_twin%20%281%29.jpg
  • New alerts added to the System Advisor
    - System Advisor: “USB Debugging Enabled” Detection
    USB%20debugging%20enabled.jpg
    - System Advisor: “Unknown Sources Enabled” Detection
    unknown%20sources%20enabled.jpg
    - System Advisor: “Lock Screen Not Set” Detection
    Lock%20screen_0.jpg
    - System Advisor: “Fingerprint Lock Not Set” Detection
    fingerprint%20.jpg
  • Backup/Restore Option added for Call Blocking Feature: We added a backup / restore option for the call blocking feature so users who need to reinstall or upgrade their device do not need to reload their call block list. Note: This feature is only applicable for Android 8.x and below.
    Backup%20Restore%20option.jpg
  • Customers are notified on launching malware and are guided to uninstall the malware on Android 8.0 and above
    Malware%20alert_0.jpg
  • The My Norton dashboard is updated to reflect the status of their LifeLock enrollment. Note: This is for limited customers in the US only.
  • Other under-the-hood changes and bug-fixes

3. Where can I post my queries?

Please visit Norton Mobile Security Support Forum to post your queries. Also, visit Norton Mobile KB site to view the Top Solutions for this product.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.