Battle Norton Power Eraser vs EEK vs Zemana AM

ColonelMal

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 5, 2017
My own tests have shown three quite different results.

NPE was fast as it only scanned my C drive. It detected certain problematic programs which it marked as "Bad". However, it detected a couple of files (dll) in a temp directory which to my mind were genuine. I think they must relate to the Opera browser installation process.

EEK was more thorough. It took way much more time to complete the scanning. I did however configure it to scan three disks in addition to C drive. Strangely, it did not detect the suspicious programs that NPE found on C drive, but it did come up with a lot of suspect files on the other drives.

Zemana only found one registry entry that it considered to be dangerous. I don't think that it scanned drives other than C.

As you can see from the above real test there was no consistency in the results. You just don't know which program to trust as wholly reliable!

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Seeing as you're already using Bitdefender as your real-time protection solution I see little reason to use EEK. I'd keep both Zemana and NPE on hand for a rainy day.

Reactions: Parsh

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
They have different perspectives when it comes on detection capabilities but I highly recommend to keep them all for second opinion since it's not bad for scanning the system though.

Norton Power Eraser - aggressive on most sophisticated threats and mainly focus on the detection that causes nearly unstable on the system.

EEK and Zemana AM - both can detect in such widely range of threats considering the incorporated engines on corresponding products hence more chances of results to be shown.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.