Norton Premium (10 License Pack) 30.00 (usd)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrito

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
1542674069999.png

This is what I got in my email.

Presumably other subscribers will get their Black Friday email.

For Norton Premium, that's not a bad deal.

Amazon has Norton Premium 15 month for $37.00 (usd).

rsonic

Level 2
Verified
Jul 25, 2018
Considering I don't need the backup and the kid control, would I get something out of Norton that I wouldn't get with a free one, like KSC or Bitdefender? Not considering Avast/AVG since the company history makes me unable to trust it.

I know it's probably a recurrent question, but the market changes fast.

Burrito

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
Considering I don't need the backup and the kid control, would I get something out of Norton that I wouldn't get with a free one, like KSC or Bitdefender? Not considering Avast/AVG since the company history makes me unable to trust it.

I know it's probably a recurrent question, but the market changes fast.

I've watched the testing and evaluation of all the AVs for about a decade..... from all the different testers and publications... and additionally, I have access to some large-scale private test data. Three are consistently in the top. Those three are Kaspersky, Bitdefender, and Norton.

For me.... Kaspersky is untrusted.

I wanted to use and like Bitdefender... I installed it on several computers. But.... I found it to be kinda like Beta software.... kind of buggy. It seems to work well for some. And if it works for you, I think you probably have the best trustworthy AV.

Which leaves Norton. Norton is always good. Norton is generally low impact and smooth on a system. Norton continuously evolves... they were the 1st AV that was effective with ransomware and exploits (along with the two aforementioned). They recently added camera protection..

Generally, free AVs are making something out of it... ads or monetizing your data (*maybe* anonymously). I would not use a free AV unless my wallet was pretty tight.

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Which leaves Norton. Norton is always good. Norton is generally low impact and smooth on a system. Norton continuously evolves... they were the 1st AV that was effective with ransomware and exploits (along with the two aforementioned). They recently added camera protection..
I would buy it if they didn't ask me to install 4+ extensions on every browser I have opened for the first time, without Norton Safe Web ext, web protection is non existent. Also, I'm skeptical about effectiveness of their recently added Exploit protection. Rest is fine in Norton Security and settings can be greatly fine-tuned, Firewall module is pretty nice as well.

Burrito

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
1542836484403.png

Also from Fry's.

Pretty good deal for 10-license Norton.... but you have to jump through a couple of hoops.

Reactions: BigWrench
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.