Norton Security 22.18.0.213 inline throttle has been halted.

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018

Updated on 7th August:] Due to an infield issue, Norton Security 22.18.0.213 inline throttle has been halted.

Note: During this time, 22.18 upgrade will not be available via LiveUpdate.

Once this issue has been corrected, the patch will be re-posted.

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
Typical of norton botched updates!!
By the way when will the new features like webcam,data protector be available for users outside the US?
Thanks

They are not honest about that either, its only available for US residents who use Norton 360.

Last edited:

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
They are not honest about that either, its only avaiable for US residents who use Norton 360.

I know..They cannot give a straight answer in their official forum... o_O

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Up until recently it had been a while since I'd used Norton, The bad old days left a very bitter taste in my mouth. So even when they re-wrote their software I wasn't really interested. However, I made use of a 3 month free trial and installed Norton about a week ago and I've been very impressed with it. It's very light, Updates on a regular basis, automatically takes care of some temp files and overall seems to be a very good product. It's definitely a much, much! better security suite than it was years ago. I've tweaked a few settings - Sonar on aggressive, network aggressive etc. I'm really enjoying using Norton and that has surprised me because I honestly thought I'd uninstall it after a day. So full credit to them for re writing their software and doing such an amazing job. The Malwarehub results are great too, they actually shocked me.

But! Problems such as the one mentioned above and their reaction to users is leading me to believe that, yes their software is much better than it was years ago, but the company itself is still the same behind the scenes. I was going to use the full 90 day trial of Norton but I'll have to have a think about it now. I, like many if not most users here on MT can easily and comfortably use Windows/Microsoft defender and built in Windows security mechanisms, but I enjoy trying out different security software when I am on my Windows 10 partition.

For me, personally Norton security is much better than a lot of other vendors now.
I'd say my top 3 in order would be: Kaspersky. Norton, Emsisoft. But if we're talking default deny I'd choose CF. Norton has been and is running very nicely on my machine with Hard configurator and Run as Smart screen.

If I do drop Norton I'll either go back to Windows 10's built in security with some tweaks, KIS or KFA+CF. I'll give Norton more time though because I genuinely am enjoying using it. My system runs like there's no security software running on it.

This comment from @venustus is very disappointing news though considering these features are pretty much standard with Nortons competitors nowadays.

Typical of norton botched updates!!
By the way when will the new features like webcam,data protector be available for users outside the US?
Thanks

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.