New Update Norton Security 22.19.8.65 for Windows is now available!

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Norton Security 22.19.8.65 update is now available via LiveUpdate. As with our previous updates, this version is being released in a phased manner. This update is available in all supported languages. To download it, simply run LiveUpdate through Norton user interface.

This update is available for the following Norton products:

• New Norton 360
  • Norton Antivirus Plus
  • Norton Security
  • Norton Internet Security
  • Norton 360
  • Norton Antivirus
  • Norton Security Online

To verify you have the update for Norton Security 22.19.8.65, launch the Main User Interface, click on Help, and select About.
22.19.8.65.png

Below FAQs addresses some common questions:

1. What is the version number for this patch?

Norton Security 22.19.8.65

2. When will I receive the patch?

As is our standard practice, we are deploying the patch in a phased manner. We have released the patch to randomly selected customers, and will then monitor our telemetry, as well as this forum, for any problems or issues. Once we have confirmed the effectiveness of the patch, we will make it available to all customers. We will post an update on the Norton Community Forums when we make the patch available to all customers.

3. How can I manually install these patches?

This patch is ONLY available via LiveUpdate, and is being released in a phased manner. You may need to run LiveUpdate and reboot a few times before your product is completely updated to the latest version.

4. What's new in Norton 22.19.8.65?

• Online Banking Protection:
    A new user experience (Alert) to guide users to use the Safe Web extension which supports Online banking feature.
    Banking%20Protection.png
    BOA.png
    Please note that this new alert is throttled, and will first commence on Google Chrome browser and later extended to other supported browsers.
  • Enhancements to Script Control:
    Customers are offered better protection due to enhancements made to Script Control.
  • App URL Monitoring:
    With App URL Monitoring turned on, Norton monitors all applications that are installed on your computer and block the malicious websites from accessing your computer. Norton alerts you when it blocks a malicious website and you can view the information about the attack using the Security History window.
    App%20URL%20Monitoring.png

URL%20Blocked.png
    Please note that this feature is currently in Silent Mode. It will be enabled in the coming weeks.
  • Performance improvement made to reduce Full System Scan time
  • Other minor bug fixes and performance improvements

Note:

• Norton 22.19.8.65 supports: Windows 7 SP1 and above, 8, 8.1, 10
  • This update will not be available for maintenance mode OS's – Windows XP and Windows Vista and Windows 7 with no service pack

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
As I have a key, I installed this latest version. Big mistake. Lots of issues, and yes it was Symantec, not me !

A major problem to uninstall. This program takes your pc over, and does NOT want to unistall easily, ever ! Avoid.
What issues did you have? I've had few if any with Norton on 4 PC's - Uninstalling should be pretty painless, I find after rebooting there are a few dead Norton/Symantec folders easy to delete, there are usually a few reg entries but that's all. Some find it has messed up Network setting but I've not found that?

bjm_

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
Does Online Banking Protection work with password managers?
Yes, it works seamlessly with Norton Password Manager. We do hope to add support for other third-party password managers in the near future. Most password managers have functions where you can easily cut and paste a password from the manager and you can paste it into your bank's login prompt.
https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/norton-identity-safe/current/solutions/v131585157

F 4 E

Level 3
Verified
Jan 27, 2019
What issues did you have? I've had few if any with Norton on 4 PC's - Uninstalling should be pretty painless, I find after rebooting there are a few dead Norton/Symantec folders easy to delete, there are usually a few reg entries but that's all. Some find it has messed up Network setting but I've not found that?

Using the Norton Removal Tool did not work, and I have used it many times previously.

After the supposed uninstall and restart, I reinstalled F-Secure Safe which I'd previously had, and the Windows Security Center showed the Norton Firewall still installed and as well as F-Secure running, it showed Norton Internet Security as snoozed !

A System Restore got rid of Norton, and it will never be back on my machines.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Though, after install there are quite a few changes you can make such as cutting down logging, monitoring, & quite a bit more. The basic firewall settings are the best on IMO any AV suite, the ability to block /unblock a program can be done in seconds easy. The longer I go on the more I'm impressed with Norton, of course these things are always subjective. :oops:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.