Battle Norton Security Ultra for $29.99 the first year a worthwhile deal?

Compare list
Norton Security Ultra vs anything else $30 or less

Intel_iRIS81

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jun 7, 2016
So having a new Acer I have a chance to keep Norton Security Ultra $119.99 normal price for $29.99 the first year. For $30 am I getting a bang for the buck that will out perform what Windows Security/Defender/Firewall can do.

I am looking for the complete package. Back when Windows 10 was first released I had so many different programs and configurations. It was hard to keep track of what was what and what can protect what and play nice together. I work alot more now, so I want my PC time to be recreational

Reactions: Nevi and Venustus

entropism

Level 4
Verified
Jul 30, 2019
If you're dead set on using Norton, it's $1 for the first year here:

I'm not a huge fan of Norton, but I wouldn't say it's BAD. If you want something different than Defender & MS Firewall, you can do a bunch of things. ESET Internet Security, Kaspersky (Depending on how you feel about them), BitDefender, F-Secure, Trend Micro, etc. I'm personally using F-Secure, I'm in the beta program which gives me free access, and it works quite well. Another thing to look at is that your ISP might give away free security software as well. Comcast used to give out Norton 360, Spectrum gives out F-Secure, etc etc.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.