Daniel Hidalgo

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Mar 17, 2015
Norton Small Business is dedicated to protecting small businesses and traders,protection is included for all devices in your business.

Norton Security Premium remains a more homely for all devices in your home product, which has additional features such as data backup with greater capacity, and parental control.

motox781

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
Norton Small Business is dedicated to protecting small businesses and traders,protection is included for all devices in your business.

Norton Security Premium remains a more homely for all devices in your home product, which has additional features such as data backup with greater capacity, and parental control.

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I'm looking for a more detailed answer. They both look and act the same. Norton Small Business installs as "Norton Security". Norton Premium seems to have the same protections available as small business. What extra protection modules/tools etc. does Small Business have that Norton Premium doesn't?

motox781

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
Update: One thing I came across searching reviews on Amazon is that Norton Small Business only requires a serial #, thus making it easy to install on client PCs without a username/password. Anything else?

Update 2: Found more info on Amazon:

- management of multiple devices through the web-based Norton Management console
- invitation to others to add device / installation of the product
- monitoring of devices security status
- virus removals guarantee (limited to PCs and prorated)
- ease of expansion on the number of licenses and users.
- anti-theft features on mobile devices
- automatic updates to latest version

Daniel Hidalgo

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Mar 17, 2015
When you give the serial number of registers in a management system (norton magnament) and already there you can manage and install devices according to the limit.

One thing that is different is that: while Norton Security Premier will handles up to 10 different users up to 2 years, Norton Small Business it handles up to 20 users for only one year. In nutshell system license and license acquisition is handled differently in both cases.

You can choose depending on the number of users and years you need

motox781

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
Thanks. Do you know if Small Business comes with some sort to employee management features? (ex: Parental Control).

Update: Just spoke with Norton via chat and they said 'no', it is not included...but Premium does have Family Safety.

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
Some days ago, I downloaded the trial version of Norton Small Business (SMB) version and installed it.

At that time, I compared the version numbers of some important dlls and drivers between Norton SMB and Norton Security, and finally I drew a conclusion that Norton SMB is just Norton Security that is NOT configurable on the local side. Its components (dlls and drivers) related to the protection capability are just same as Norton Security, but you cannot config it on your own computer. To config it, you would need the centralized management tool provided by Norton. @hjlbx told me that there are two kinds of centralized management tool, one is a web portal, another is a java-based client.

So, I do not think Norton SMB is convenient to use for home users, since you have to install the management tool.

motox781

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
Some days ago, I downloaded the trial version of Norton Small Business (SMB) version and installed it.

At that time, I compared the version numbers of some important dlls and drivers between Norton SMB and Norton Security, and finally I drew a conclusion that Norton SMB is just Norton Security that is NOT configurable on the local side. Its components (dlls and drivers) related to the protection capability is just same as Norton Security, but you cannot config it on your own computer. To config it, you would need the centralized management tool provided by Norton. @hjlbx told me that there are two kinds of centralized management tool, one is a web portal, another is a java-based client.

So, I do not think Norton SMB is convenient to use for home users, since you have to install the management tool.

Thanks!

Reactions: Daniel Hidalgo
D

Deleted member 2913

What is the difference between Norton Small Business vs Norton Premium. I installed both and they look the same. Premium seems to have more features and is cheaper.
Are you looking for some business or home use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.