L0ckJaw

Level 7
Verified
my best guess? Norton pushing updates without Q&A-ing again.
@L0ckJaw you might want to whip out that CC to get SEPC.
Dont have a cc and do not want one. I use paypal and when thats not available i look for something else ;)
Yes some update came through had to install it and the party was over again. I am done with Norton gave them loads of chances and they keep screwing up.

Reactions: simmerskool

L0ckJaw

Level 7
Verified
I ll wait before buying, still have 850 days on Norton Security thats not going to be used anymore.
My trust in Norton is gone.

Slyguy

Level 40
I ll wait before buying, still have 850 days on Norton Security thats not going to be used anymore.
My trust in Norton is gone.
I feel your pain. Norton (consumer) is pretty close to being a great offering but they obviously are focused on their business offerings which are generally rock solid. While bugs continue to languish on their consumer stuff and they continue to issue broken updates.

3 years ago I had a lot of faith in Norton. It was as lite as a feather and the protections were getting better. So I purchased a 3 year stacked license. After 3 months of using it the bugs started, and continued, and finally I removed it.. That 3 years expired 3 days ago and I will never make that mistake again with their consumer offerings. :cry:

L0ckJaw

Level 7
Verified
Using G-Data Total Security now, Paid License and i keep liking G-Data.
Feels like its getting stronger each update it receives. It has never failed me and i like the interface, Secure Browsing, Secure Banking etc.

Reactions: amico81
I

illumination

As for privacy, we are all using Microsoft/Google, that should be enough said.

SEPC as stated, is Norton how it should be. I'm literally impressed with how light and stable it is. All of the things i absolutely disliked about the Consumer version are not in SEPC, so for me, it is going to be a keeper.

D

Deleted member 65228

I liked it alot SEPC i am going to get a prepaid cc and try to pay with it. Anyone here knows of they accept it ?
As long as it can be used for Credit Card payments then there shouldn't be a problem with it. When you go to use your actual Credit Card, as long as it works the same way with your prepaid one, then I cannot see why it would not work.

After all, a prepaid Credit Card is supposed to be a Credit Card which has a fixed amount of funds and is not linked to a bank account. They've been around for an extremely long time, it would not make much sense if it could not be used the same way as an actual Credit Card.

Slyguy

Level 40
As for privacy, we are all using Microsoft/Google, that should be enough said.

SEPC as stated, is Norton how it should be. I'm literally impressed with how light and stable it is. All of the things i absolutely disliked about the Consumer version are not in SEPC, so for me, it is going to be a keeper.
Very well stated.. This is why I started all of this, so people realize that Norton in it's purest form (SEPC) is an incredibly light, competent, stable product offering. It's really worth it for that $4 a month or whatever..

I

illumination

Very well stated.. This is why I started all of this, so people realize that Norton in it's purest form (SEPC) is an incredibly light, competent, stable product offering. It's really worth it for that $4 a month or whatever..
I have been extremely busy here lately, even this morning, but had meant to tag you in this thread to tell you thank you for posting it. I knew of SEP but not SEPC, and glad i read this thread, as SEPC turned out to be exactly what i have been seeking for some time. It is well worth the money for sure.

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Almost feel like creating a thread "SHP or SEPC?" Previously I said I would chose SEPC, but now revisited again SHP and it's way more better than it was in latest beta stage, before release version. Hooked old usb wireless keyboard, got a popup for exploit and BadUSB, but now I could easily "Allow" from client side and alert didn't show up again after a restart, so that's a +1, Intercept X is something you can't easily pass on.. hard choice. :confused: I also want Pandas Firewall somewhere between there.. what am I even asking for.. :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:

Slyguy

Level 40
Almost feel like creating a thread "SHP or SEPC?" Previously I said I would chose SEPC, but now revisited again SHP and it's way more better than it was in latest beta stage, before release version. Hooked old usb wireless keyboard, got a popup for exploit and BadUSB, but now I could easily "Allow" from client side and alert didn't show up again after a restart, so that's a +1, Intercept X is something you can't easily pass on.. hard choice. :confused: I also want Pandas Firewall somewhere between there.. what am I even asking for.. :LOL:
Read my mind.. I was thinking of making a SHP or SEPC thread too. I'm torn..

SHP right now is rock solid, reliable, and protective. The old bugs are gone. It's as light as a feather and having the ability to trigger HMP scans on demand from remote to all of my systems is amazing. The best part about SHP is the heuristic traffic scanning and web filtration, it's EXTREMELY potent and possibly as good as Heimdal. It's one of the few AV solutions to offer this.

SHP would allow me to feel comfortable ditching Heimdal. SEPC I'd probably still want to use Heimdal.

SEPC is slightly lighter (if that's possible), and has the best Firewall Around. It can do both desktops and mobile devices. Seemingly extremely effective AI/ML and Emulation.

Both use encrypted channels (443) for everything relevant.

Slyguy

Level 40
Also, don't be quick to write off SHP.. Apparently Invincea is active in Intercept X and providing AI/ML detections already. It's been catching the same stuff SEPC catches with it's AI/Insight/Etc.

Malware detected: 'ML/Generic-S' at 'C:\Users\ xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Totaku

Level 1
I'm testing out SEP unmanaged client. It is very lightweight (usually ~20-30MB idle, a bit more with scans, even less if you do nothing) and have a lot of options to configure as you want, especially the firewall component.
It isn't exactly user-friendly, especially if you got a false positive, but if you have free time to set up the client, it is a pretty good security solution.
Right now I'm playing with SONAR agressive and Bloodhound automatic. I will try to learn more about the firewall later on. With SEPM, you can do even more, but right now I don't have the license nor the knowledge to configure it.

SEPC seems to be amazing too, someday I'll get the trial.