App Review Norton VS Kaspersky VS BitDefender Detection Test

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Good test as always, I like the Versus style tests they are very informative.
Maybe that was a large amount of dud samples, if not I am not that impressed
with the performance of the 3 of them or how they handle removal.
Thanks Safe1st.

ttto

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
Very good test @safe1st , very interesting these big 3 face to face. I'm very impressed with Norton, before watching video I thought It will gonna be the worst, because in my opinion, Norton stands out more in web protection than in file detection. Anyway, very good results for the 3.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
@safe1st nice review, it's been a while i have seen just a detection test.
Norton and Bitdefender did good but i was expecting Kaspersky to have the same detection rate as the other 2 products.
On the other hand you can't say that it performed bad in this test.
p.s.: I like the new UI of Bitdefender.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
As I said before in others video reviews, PUP/PUA/Adware detection is disabled by default in Kaspersky, also action on threat detection is not set to delete (by default), so this could lead sometimes that some files are disinfected (objects deleted inside) but not deleted, so comparing the final number of files in folders may not be a good way to rate the product :)

safe1st

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 29, 2016
As I said before in others video reviews, PUP/PUA/Adware detection is disabled by default in Kaspersky, also action on threat detection is not set to delete (by default), so this could lead sometimes that some files are disinfected (objects deleted inside) but not deleted, so comparing the final number of files in folders may not be a good way to rate the product :)

thats the problem. one of my friends use kaspersky...
he didnt change any setting on all 3, so its fair test. then what should do? kaspersky need do something for it...
if user need to change something. means kaspersky is not really easy to use. I know change PUP/PUA/Adware detection to enable is easy for me, but not for other people.

@harlan4096 This test not only detection rate test, but also how easy user handle detected threats.

I asking to all of you who watch this video. did you guys see Norton result from Norton interface? someone comment that i didnt showing it in the video :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.