oldschool

Level 23
Verified
@Jack - I am not getting all alerts from people I follow, even when I have checked all (or some) of the boxes when first following each member. There seems to be no place on my account page that I can double-check which alerts I have requested from each person I follow. Am I missing something (not unheard of, in my case!)? Or is this a feature you could add? Thanks in advance.

Jack

Administrator
Staff member
Verified
@Jack - I am not getting all alerts from people I follow, even when I have checked all (or some) of the boxes when first following each member. There seems to be no place on my account page that I can double-check which alerts I have requested from each person I follow. Am I missing something (not unheard of, in my case!)? Or is this a feature you could add? Thanks in advance.
Hey Oldschool,
We have a custom developed Following system and during the update/import some of the settings may have been lost. You can check all the members that you are following on this list - https://malwaretips.com/account/following. And that's a good suggestion, I'll try to find a way to add to this page an option that allows members to see what they follow for each member.

oldschool

Level 23
Verified
Yes, I am aware of the Following page, and I can see who I'm following, but not which alerts I'm receiving from them. I am quite certain I am not getting some chosen alert preferences for every member I follow. Not certain if it pertains to all whom I follow. I'll wait to see if you can work your magic on the suggestion.

Jack

Administrator
Staff member
Verified
Yes, I am aware of the Following page, and I can see who I'm following, but not which alerts I'm receiving from them. I am quite certain I am not getting some chosen alert preferences for every member I follow. Not certain if it pertains to all whom I follow. I'll wait to see if you can work your magic on the suggestion.
Yes, an indication of what are you following is a good suggestion!

Weebarra

Level 15
Verified
Same here, i didn't get a notification that you had started this thread :( (it was fine yesterday) but i can't find where to find the setting again to check it. I think it only appears when you start to follow someone you get the chance to check/uncheck what you want a notification for. If there is another way to get to those settings again, i would be grateful to hear how to do it from anyone as i may just be having a senior moment. :p

oldschool

Level 23
Verified
Same here, i didn't get a notification that you had started this thread :( (it was fine yesterday) but i can't find where to find the setting again to check it. I think it only appears when you start to follow someone you get the chance to check/uncheck what you want a notification for. If there is another way to get to those settings again, i would be grateful to hear how to do it from anyone as i may just be having a senior moment. :p
I believe you are correct. The only way I know to "double-check" is to unfollow, and then follow each member again. I have tried this on a number of occasions but it is frustrating. I find it is not possible to see all of those I follow and which alerts I have chosen anywhere, let alone on one page. Thus, my suggestion. But I believe @Jack also needs to investigate what is happening with what I will call "failed" or "missed" alerts. This should probably be the first course of action.