Request Not getting all chosen alerts. Feature to have accounts show chosen alerts from those people we follow?

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
@Jack - I am not getting all alerts from people I follow, even when I have checked all (or some) of the boxes when first following each member. There seems to be no place on my account page that I can double-check which alerts I have requested from each person I follow. Am I missing something (not unheard of, in my case!)? Or is this a feature you could add? Thanks in advance.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
@Jack - I am not getting all alerts from people I follow, even when I have checked all (or some) of the boxes when first following each member. There seems to be no place on my account page that I can double-check which alerts I have requested from each person I follow. Am I missing something (not unheard of, in my case!)? Or is this a feature you could add? Thanks in advance.
Hey Oldschool,
We have a custom developed Following system and during the update/import some of the settings may have been lost. You can check all the members that you are following on this list - https://malwaretips.com/account/following. And that's a good suggestion, I'll try to find a way to add to this page an option that allows members to see what they follow for each member.

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Yes, I am aware of the Following page, and I can see who I'm following, but not which alerts I'm receiving from them. I am quite certain I am not getting some chosen alert preferences for every member I follow. Not certain if it pertains to all whom I follow. I'll wait to see if you can work your magic on the suggestion.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Yes, I am aware of the Following page, and I can see who I'm following, but not which alerts I'm receiving from them. I am quite certain I am not getting some chosen alert preferences for every member I follow. Not certain if it pertains to all whom I follow. I'll wait to see if you can work your magic on the suggestion.
Yes, an indication of what are you following is a good suggestion!

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
Same here, i didn't get a notification that you had started this thread :( (it was fine yesterday) but i can't find where to find the setting again to check it. I think it only appears when you start to follow someone you get the chance to check/uncheck what you want a notification for. If there is another way to get to those settings again, i would be grateful to hear how to do it from anyone as i may just be having a senior moment. :p

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Same here, i didn't get a notification that you had started this thread :( (it was fine yesterday) but i can't find where to find the setting again to check it. I think it only appears when you start to follow someone you get the chance to check/uncheck what you want a notification for. If there is another way to get to those settings again, i would be grateful to hear how to do it from anyone as i may just be having a senior moment. :p

I believe you are correct. The only way I know to "double-check" is to unfollow, and then follow each member again. I have tried this on a number of occasions but it is frustrating. I find it is not possible to see all of those I follow and which alerts I have chosen anywhere, let alone on one page. Thus, my suggestion. But I believe @Jack also needs to investigate what is happening with what I will call "failed" or "missed" alerts. This should probably be the first course of action.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.