NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro bypassed - is this video valid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Hello!

I took notice the whitelisting product NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro. I have never used the product in any way, so I am in no position to judge the product's protection ability whatsoever.

Upon searching YouTube for reviews, I bumped into this one, and watched it:

Is this video reliable?

If it is true and valid, so what chances are there for NoVirusThanks EXE Pro to be bypassed when an internet-addict-click-all surfs the net? Putting aside any Antivirus, but only NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro being bypassed...

Thanks!

Icy

Level 2
Verified
Apr 10, 2014
I believe that every piece of software is vulnerable in someway.Even top notch software can still fail at protecting it's user from some types of viruses/malware.A prime example would be sandboxes, certain types of viruses can still bypass the sandbox and infect your computer (rare types though).This video was made in 2012, so the vulnerability is most probably fixed.

Just my opinion, feel free to correct me if im wrong.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
I believe that every piece of software is vulnerable in someway.Even top notch software can still fail at protecting it's user from some types of viruses/malware.A prime example would be sandboxes, certain types of viruses can still bypass the sandbox and infect your computer (rare types though).This video was made in 2012, so the vulnerability is most probably fixed.

Just my opinion, feel free to correct me if im wrong.
I agree with you completely.

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
I'm no expert and I don't claim what I say is right. Nor have I any experience with NVT.

I did a Google search with similar terms, found this http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4215339/run-cmd-from-browser-by-js

> It's possible that the security settings in IE6 were disabled.
> It's possible CMD is a trusted and white-listed in NVT Pro.

Continued with another search of https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=javascript to open command prompt
Thanks much! You gave me an idea!

Reactions: Ink
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.