Installation Feedback
Very fast install.
Doesnt require you to restart your computer once installed
No bundled programs
Interface (UI)
4.00 star(s)
Interface Feedback
Very simple and response UI.
Settings can be hard to find for your avarage user.
Usability
3.00 star(s)
Usability Feedback
The UI is well laid out and is very informative of what certain settings does, its settings are also already configured.
Performance and System Impact
5.00 star(s)
Performance and System Impact Feedback
It has a very low memory usage of only around 15 Megabytes and doesnt use any CPU.
Protection
2.00 star(s)
Protection Feedback
Being more of an anti-exploit rather than anti-malware, it can save you from malicous changes done by malware but cant block them from executing in the first place.
Real-time file system protection
3.00 star(s)
Proactive Intrusion protection
4.00 star(s)
Pros
It's a free software
Low impact on system resources
Highly configurable
Easy to use
Simple and non-intrusive
Works alongside other antivirus software
Multiple layers of protection
Cons
Basics-only feature set
Not for beginners
Advanced users may want more control
Not as many features as some competitors
Higher than average false positives
Software installed on computer
More than 30 days
Computer Specifications
Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube

Intel Core i5-6400
geForce GTX 1070
C: drive
Manufacturer: SanDisk
Interface: SATA
Capacity: 119 GB

D: drive
Manufacturer: Seagate
Interface: SATA
Capacity: 931 GB
Recommended for
Experienced users
Overall Rating
3.00 star(s)
Disclaimer

Any views or opinions expressed are that of the member giving the information and may be subjective.
This software may behave differently on your device.

We encourage you to compare these opinions with others and take informed decisions on what security products to use.
Before buying a product you should consider factors such as price, ease of use, compatibility, and support. Installing a free trial version allows an antivirus to be tested in everyday use before purchase.

plat1098

Level 9
Verified
OSArmor vs. Malware: nice video. He tested with default settings? That's what you should do, but protection gets somewhat better (theoretically) if you enable more than that, like the Lockdown Experimental ones, which in turn trigger more false detections, which in turn are very irritating and awayyy we go. That's why it's not everyone's cuppa tea. My dearly, nearly-departed Sandboxie's motto: Trust no program.

plat1098

Level 9
Verified
nearly departed? News?
Well....this is not concerning OSArmor. But to not reply wouldn't be gracious. So, I'll post reply under a spoiler. If moderators want to delete or move, it's understandable.

There's nothing outwardly wrong with Sandboxie, specifically build 531-2, that I know of. It's more a problem I (and others) have with Sophos and its lack of transparency in confirming or denying Sbie's continued support. Some info is here.

plat1098

Level 9
Verified
I don't run an anti-exe and OSArmor together, not because of conflicts but because of increase in false alerts and too many popups in general. They both have real-time drivers and it can get a little much. I've had slower startups/shutdowns running another anti-exe plus OSA. But either one is fantastic in conjunction with specifically Windows Defender and have small footprints in proportion to the security.

VS uses proprietary algorithms/AI and VirusTotal to determine an .exe's reputation. OSArmor is a software restriction/preset rules enforcer so it automatically blocks a process functioning outside some hard-coded, user defined parameters or going into otherwise off-limits user spaces. You don't get to decide, it's truly default-deny. If OSArmor alerts and it's legit, your machine is vulnerable and might already be infected. That's why I've hardened Defender with its self-sandbox, and a number of system modifications and policies.

Umbra

Level 3
Verified
Big Fan of OSA here, OSA managed to steal my interest from ERP.
I used to enable almost all advanced settings then add custom blocking rules, making it almost an SRP.
i love the fact that i can add tons of rules.

Umbra

Level 3
Verified
SH is just automated tweaks, those you could do manually, but it saves me lot of time when clean installing my systems.

OSA is a dynamic soft, and a very useful one for Locking down systems.

Both can be used together, in fact SH is mostly used once. Click and forget.

OSA allows granularity and completement greatly Windows 10 built-in security.

gisot

OSA runs with high CPU usage when I start Skype or other apps on my Windows 10 Home (64 bit - 1903). What is the most effective way of excluding processes that I dont want OSA to scan on start up?