NOVO Button doesn't work after change the hard disk for lenvo z580

Discussion in 'Hardware - Questions & Help' started by Mohamed Anwar, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Mohamed Anwar

Mohamed Anwar New Member

Oct 4, 2017
    Windows 7
    Dear Experts,

i have 2 laptops (1- Z570 Windows 7 and Z580 windows 8.1) i replace the 2 hard disks with each other
    the hard disk of the z580 laptop is working fine on the first laptop z570

but the first hard disk z570 doesn't work on the second laptop z580, i got a black screen without any access

i tried NOVO button in z580, i powered off the laptop then i press the novo button and i got the menu , i can navigate the 4 options of the menu but i can't choose any of the option (Normal or BIOS or boot or recovery)
    i tried to press ENTER or F1 to F12 or FN+F1 to FN+F12 but without any response !!

please can you help me to know
    1- why i couldn't access BIOS or any choice from NOVO button ?
    2- how can i solve the problem of the hard disk cause the other disk is working fine in laptop z570 but the opposite doesn't work
    any solutions please to let this hard disk (w7) work on z580
    thank you
  2. Vasudev

Vasudev Level 22

Nov 8, 2014
    Windows 10
    You need to download Lenovo Recovery Tool and follow the procedure to create W10 media on separate hidden partition.
    XhenEd likes this.