Now I'm trying Webroot with Thor Premium

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Webroot isn't the worst going, is really needs to be twinned with anti-exploit protection or a good FW (not the built in one). Not defending because I have this installed, just going from experience having this on my machine.

~LDogg

Threadripper

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2019
Tried this on my PC and they're right about the lightness, and how the install is around 4MB. Something they don't mention is that anything Webroot is "unsure" about gets put into C:/ProgramData/WRData so it can restore damage done by malware. This isn't a bad thing, but when the option can't be disabled people like me have their 128GB SSD written to constantly and 10+ gigabytes used up. Webroot support say to reinstall and remove the folder, but when you install it again the same thing will happen...

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Burrito is right..

It's clear Cylance price was driven by the technology and innovations. Webroot price was PURELY for the subscriber base, and almost nothing for the technology. There is a danger in purchasing firms based on subscriber base because nothing guarantees the retention of them.

I've sold two corporations in the past that I have owned based on nothing other than the subscriber base. In both cases, the purchasers lost out because in both cases once the acquisition was made the subscriber base vaporized over the next 1-3 years rendering the purchase almost entirely irrelevant with no substantive value in the long term. Consequently, BOTH companies that purchased my companies didn't exist within 10 years after that (or less). Overvaluation of subscribers is really a lousy acquisition, look at Yahoo, which was almost entirely driven by customer base and how that is working out. Yahoo traffic is dropping off double digits a year.

RodM1956

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Feb 1, 2019
Tried this on my PC and they're right about the lightness, and how the install is around 4MB. Something they don't mention is that anything Webroot is "unsure" about gets put into C:/ProgramData/WRData so it can restore damage done by malware. This isn't a bad thing, but when the option can't be disabled people like me have their 128GB SSD written to constantly and 10+ gigabytes used up. Webroot support say to reinstall and remove the folder, but when you install it again the same thing will happen...

After 2 days 99MB

Reactions: [correlate]

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
OK But they have a new box (design) saw it at best buy....Looks nice.

Awesome.

1570044809676.png

[correlate]

Level 18
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2019
webroot is a good and light program that fits weak computers
But no one denies that he is weak in protection
Does not mean that I hate the program, but I must say the truth Thank you for opening a topic that may benefit others who rely on it to pay attention to the weakness of the program.
Thank you Burrito you are the first to advise me to give it up. :giggle:

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
Damn.... those are cute & cuddly.

I'll take a dozen.

And.... those muddy-brains questioning me... oh contraire monfraire.

I present no evidence.

I only pass along the results of professional and non-professional testing.

Check out the Webroot results in The Hub. It's an abomination. Webroot is a complete and colossal failure.

Our own @omidomi is doing a great job of demonstrating the uselessness of that software.. And I thank him for that.

It's important that people realize that the Webroot shortcomings are real and have implications. Your system could be wrecked.

Here are some of those results for any who are interested:

Some people just have issues with reality. That's all.

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
I'm using the combo of Zemana Antilogger Premium, Webroot SecureAnywhere + Malwarebytes Firewall Control & Syshardener. Should do the job really.

~LDogg
Why do you use both Zemana antikeylogger and Webroot? Webroot encrypt your keystrokes? Or have you experienced problems?

Reactions: Venustus

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Why do you use both Zemana antikeylogger and Webroot? Webroot encrypt your keystrokes? Or have you experienced problems?
That was ages ago, Zemana also acts as an anti-malware, Webroot was the light AV component. However I would never again recommend anyone to use Webroot. Weak protection and stores gigabytes of data inside a folder. I now use Bitdefender as my primary defense. Hope this helps.

~LDogg

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
Got ya. So it was not for Zemanas antikey logging properties you used it. I became confused because I would have thought you used the antimalware app Zemana if it was to support Webroot. Thanks.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.